low standards

ball915

All-American
Looking at our men's tennis team with a coach in his 11th year that is unranked out of the top 75 with tennis weather and elite academics tells me everything I need to know about Miami caring about winning. For all the coaches that win at Miami its great and "good job" from administration. The coaches that underperform such as Rincon with men's tennis and Golden with football it's accepted and "they are great guys" approach from the decision makers. Golden is a major problem but the issue as a lot deeper and severe than his defense scheme and conservative approaches.

Advertisement
Looking at our men's tennis team with a coach in his 11th year that is unranked out of the top 75 with tennis weather and elite academics tells me everything I need to know about Miami caring about winning. For all the coaches that win at Miami its great and "good job" from administration. The coaches that underperform such as Rincon with men's tennis and Golden with football it's accepted and "they are great guys" approach from the decision makers. Golden is a major problem but the issue as a lot deeper and severe than his defense scheme and conservative approaches.
They like Golden because he looks like an Ivy League coach. This is what they want. Who cares if we suck?

We have, bar none, the worst administration in the country when it comes to sports.

Just look at our last 3 hires...1 of them is coaching at a startup program, 1 of them is a POSITION COACH AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL, and the third is currently the worst coach in the conference and among the worst coaches in the country.

They don't give a **** about football....they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Golden is simply a symptom of a terminal disease. If/when the day finally comes that Golden leaves I have zero confidence they'll make even a decent hire.

Have lost hope that football here will ever be good again. In fact, I believe the school will shutter the program within five years.

I agree that the people in positions of power to make decisions like hirings are not qualified or competent enough to succeed. UM loves to do things on the cheap and Donna's liberal "yes man" agenda has ruined the University.

Advertisement
With the tennis coach in year 11, unranked with the resources he has, do not be surprised if Al is employed through the his current contract until 2020.

With the tennis coach in year 11, unranked with the resources he has, do not be surprised if Al is employed through the his current contract until 2020.

I've been saying this since last year. I'm the president of the fire Al Golden fan club but if you ask me to bet on whether or not he'll be fired I'd say he's relatively safe.

We have a ridiculously easy schedule this year. The man could luck into an 8 or 9 win season by winning a bunch of close games against average at best opponents.

You give the morons that run this program a piece of paper that reads "Prior Year - 6 wins" , "Current Year - 8 or 9 wins" and they'll do what idiots do...they'll make a decision in a vacuum and cite "improvement"

I've come to the conclusion we need Golden to get hit by a truck or somehow get an offer he can't refuse and he leaves on his own. Then...maybe....the law of averages will work in our favor and this abomination of administration might make a lucky hire.

Cliff notes....we're ****ed with 4 ****s.

That's why I think 8 wins would be bad for the program. It'll be good enough to show "improvement" in the eyes of the people in charge, but won't be improvement at all. Throw the record out the window. We need to win the Coastal or he should go. The schedule is easier this year, and he has an experienced QB. We should win the Coastal, period.

I've been saying this since last year. I'm the president of the fire Al Golden fan club but if you ask me to bet on whether or not he'll be fired I'd say he's relatively safe.

We have a ridiculously easy schedule this year. The man could luck into an 8 or 9 win season by winning a bunch of close games against average at best opponents.

You give the morons that run this program a piece of paper that reads "Prior Year - 6 wins" , "Current Year - 8 or 9 wins" and they'll do what idiots do...they'll make a decision in a vacuum and cite "improvement"

I've come to the conclusion we need Golden to get hit by a truck or somehow get an offer he can't refuse and he leaves on his own. Then...maybe....the law of averages will work in our favor and this abomination of administration might make a lucky hire.

Advertisement
That's why I think 8 wins would be bad for the program. It'll be good enough to show "improvement" in the eyes of the people in charge, but won't be improvement at all. Throw the record out the window. We need to win the Coastal or he should go. The schedule is easier this year, and he has an experienced QB. We should win the Coastal, period.

Of course 8 wins would be bad for the program....the funny thing is there has been a large migration of *** kissing morons on this board who will hear that statement and enter full fledged Don Bailey Jr superfan mode.

The only thing that will benefit this program, both in the short and long term, is for Golden to have an even worse season this year than he had last year. There needs to be so much pressure on both the Golden family and the administration where one of them will be FORCED to end the marriage.

We're in purgatory. Plain and simple. Wins are losses are at this point.

Miami Men's Tennis finished 7-17 ended season on 7 match losing streak (last win 3/10) and 1-11 in ACC play. Season ended 4/24 and guess who still has a job? Mario Rincon.....

Miami Men's Tennis finished 7-17 ended season on 7 match losing streak (last win 3/10) and 1-11 in ACC play. Season ended 4/24 and guess who still has a job? Mario Rincon.....

I hope Kirijax hasn't offed himself

Advertisement
We have, bar none, the worst administration in the country when it comes to sports.

Just look at our last 3 hires...1 of them is coaching at a startup program, 1 of them is a POSITION COACH AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL, and the third is currently the worst coach in the conference and among the worst coaches in the country.

They don't give a **** about football....they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Golden is simply a symptom of a terminal disease. If/when the day finally comes that Golden leaves I have zero confidence they'll make even a decent hire.

This s

Men's Tennis Coach is still employed after this season. Must be next door neighbors with Al

Advertisement

Believe it or not, Miami used to be a tennis power with a good coach. Just like we used to be a football power with a great coach (several, in fact). The problem is the gang in charge now could care less about BOTH programs.

I STILL don't understand why we alums have NO SAY in what goes on with this gang of trust fund pigs.

Advertisement
Back