LOVELADY

Advertisement
Had a chance to get him while he was at Wright State, the word was all around up here that he wanted to move on...

It will take an ending of the postseason streak to open eyes, I fear.

Was always a huge Lovelady fan. Canes could have had several good options, Mark Kingston at USF now being the best IMO. But it's Gino's soon and can't do much about it. He's one heck of a recruiter as seen by the instant impact of getting him back after Mercadante. I've always liked him and will certainly give him the chance. Just because there are several good coaches out there with Miami ties doesn't mean Gino was a bad choice. Time will tell.

Gino played under Fraser and coached under MOrris. He is a first class recruiter. He is a very good hitting coach as well. Not sure that Arteaga would remain under Gino, which is worrisome, but we will see. Gino needs strong teaching assistants in regard to fielding and pitching. He skirts the rules sometimes.

I have dealt with him a handful of times and did not find him to be remotely personable. Fundraising will increase noticeable with him at the helm. His Dad is one of the city's elites.

So the next head coach of the team that can't score against Dartmouth is the guy who is currently responsible for recruiting and hitting.

Advertisement
So the next head coach of the team that can't score against Dartmouth is the guy who is currently responsible for recruiting and hitting.

Yes. But everything is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told someone the other week Lovelady would be a great choice as Miami's HC once Morris retires.
I forgot Gino was coach in waiting.

Blah

Advertisement
The "coach in waiting" thing is usually successful. Just look at how well we did when Andy Kelly took over after the Wizard retired.

This program is practically defunct. Doesn't Miami have enough money for a college baseball team?

They sure as **** did the last two years, when they made it to Omaha. Listening to the mouthbreathers on this board, you'd think this program was one of the worst in the country over the last decade, instead of being frustrating mediocre to start the season. This team is offensively challenged, that's all there is to it.

This program is practically defunct. Doesn't Miami have enough money for a college baseball team?

They sure as **** did the last two years, when they made it to Omaha. Listening to the mouthbreathers on this board, you'd think this program was one of the worst in the country over the last decade, instead of being frustrating mediocre to start the season. This team is offensively challenged, that's all there is to it.

By Miami's standards, the last decade has been awful. Check out my "Revealed" thread from last year if you need further clarification.

We've scored 2 runs COMBINED in our last 36 weekend innings. Miami baseball doesn't get to that level without gross mismanagement.

The sad part is that I've been saying it. This isn't news. We've seen this coming since 2009. But the true mouth breathers kept telling us that everything is fine because, you know, 2001.

Our recruiting is lazy and hasn't been the same since the university Admin made it clear that the cheating would stop.

Last edited:
DiMare is a great recruiter...but i just think that was such a lazy hire to put him in as coach in waiting. Super friggin lazy. We should have hired Lovelady imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
DiMare is a great recruiter...but i just think that was such a lazy hire to put him in as coach in waiting. Super friggin lazy. We should have hired Lovelady imo.

This is the Randy Shannon situation all over again.
Baseball program is doomed for awhile.

Man I am old- coached Greg at Red Berrys Baseball camp - was a great catcher and always hustled

Advertisement
Back