Love to get a rough ranking from the CIS experts on the secondaries of our big game opponents

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Love to hear some hot takes on the following teams' secondaries:
  • UNC
  • NCST
  • Clemson
  • FSU
Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Love to hear some hot takes on the following teams' secondaries:
  • UNC
  • NCST
  • Clemson
  • FSU
Thanks in advance!

[BGCOLOR=initial]1A - F$U (based on what they could be with Fentrell Cypress transferring in)[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]1B - Clemson (based on who they return)[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]2 - NC State[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]3 - UNC (they are terrible)[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]F$U, Clemson, and NC State are probably the three best secondaries we face all year.[/BGCOLOR]

Where
[BGCOLOR=initial]1A - F$U (based on what they could be with Fentrell Cypress transferring in)[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]1B - Clemson (based on who they return)[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]2 - NC State[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]3 - UNC (they are terrible)[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]F$U, Clemson, and NC State are probably the three best secondaries we face all year.[/BGCOLOR]
Where would ATM fit on that list?

Where

Where would ATM fit on that list?

I mean...before the game I might have said ahead of NC State, now I'm saying behind NC State.

It's one thing to say that TVD had time in the pocket. Fair enough. But those aTm DBs were NOT doing well, they were getting beat consistently. TVD only had 9 incompletions, and three of them were easy drops (one for a TD). Xavier dropped one, Colbie dropped one, and Jacolby dropped a TD.

But aTm is definitely better than UNC.

I mean...before the game I might have said ahead of NC State, now I'm saying behind NC State.

It's one thing to say that TVD had time in the pocket. Fair enough. But those aTm DBs were NOT doing well, they were getting beat consistently. TVD only had 9 incompletions, and three of them were easy drops (one for a TD). Xavier dropped one, Colbie dropped one, and Jacolby dropped a TD.

But aTm is definitely better than UNC.
Their downfield tackling was also for ****. On that long George TD, the Safety barely bumped him and let him run away into the end zone. It is bad enough to try and tackle without arms but at least you have to try and knock the guy down with a little force. I have seen more violent bumps on subway platforms.

Advertisement
We play some **** strong DLs this year but oddly enough, I dont think we face anyone with a top notch secondary. Even Clemson and FSU secondaries dont scare me, probably the weakest defensive unit for both

Their downfield tackling was also for ****. On that long George TD, the Safety barely bumped him and let him run away into the end zone. It is bad enough to try and tackle without arms but at least you have to try and knock the guy down with a little force. I have seen more violent bumps on subway platforms.
Even Jacoby seemed surprised he wasn't tackled on that play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back