Love the west and this class

bear

Sophomore
First and foremost - big ups to the West! No school has been more loyal to the U than them boys. Cannot overstate this enough as the West is year in and year out a national powerhouse! thanks Romello for your decision which is massive. This class is heavy on south Florida where it all be began and should always be. We are in it for Kinchens and Taylor and Smith from Palmetto. Central boys also in this class as is Columbus and we may add one more of each from these two schools. Good freaking job staff and local recruits. Go canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m just gonna call this the @Liberty City El Appreciation Thread.

D76126A8-C2C7-442F-B17C-1426C3101F40.gif

This class has potential to great.
I started following recruiting in 2007 and this class is comparable to the 2008 class.
Taylor ( Palmetto)for me would be the biggest fish to date if we could land him.
Yeah, I don’t think this class will come anywhere close to the 08 class on paper. If we really capitalize on the momentum and have a good season, we would be lucky for this class to compare to the 18 class on paper.

Yeah, I don’t think this class will come anywhere close to the 08 class on paper. If we really capitalize on the momentum and have a good season, we would be lucky for this class to compare to the 18 class on paper.

Definitely. The 2008 class on paper was #1 in the country. If the 2021 class gets to #10, it’ll mean miami had a wildly successful 2020 season and Manny will deserve every accolade thrown his way.

Again, doesn’t mean that 2021 can’t be a good class. It can. It just won’t even be close to approaching what 2008 was on paper.

Advertisement
this is not a comparison of this class vs the 2008 class which massively underachieved or was overrated. This is simply an acknowledgment to the West and to the class that the staff is putting together.
I don’t want to jinx it but this year local recruiting has gone well. We’ll never keep everyone but winning will give us the type of boost locally to have top 10 classes each year and at that point we’re relevant and in the hunt.

I don’t want to jinx it but this year local recruiting has gone well. We’ll never keep everyone but winning will give us the type of boost locally to have top 10 classes each year and at that point we’re relevant and in the hunt.
For all of the people who continually ***** about recruiting the complaint is typically waiting too long to hit on the high quality second tier Florida talent. This year they are crushing the “B” guys while continuing to recruit the “A” guys. It’s tough to reel in 5 stars when you are losing bowl games to Louisiana Tech. I think if this group sticks they will have done an excellent job recruiting.

Advertisement
For all of the people who continually ***** about recruiting the complaint is typically waiting too long to hit on the high quality second tier Florida talent. This year they are crushing the “B” guys while continuing to recruit the “A” guys. It’s tough to reel in 5 stars when you are losing bowl games to Louisiana Tech. I think if this group sticks they will have done an excellent job recruiting.
It is interesting that one of the knocks on Manny when he was hired was that he wasn’t a recruiter. In the now 18 months since he has taken over, he has shown (at least to me) a better strategy regarding our recruiting and better execution that we’ve had since Butch.

If anything, recruiting has been the strongest point. You have to be pretty impressed. Also, now that he has had some time to develop relationships, we are also seeing why it was brilliant to get Steve Field on staff. You won’t convince me he isn’t a primary reason we are right in the mix for pretty much every good player down here. If Lashlee and King can get this offense rolling in a couple months...

If we do, they'll have to reclassify us as a semi-pro team.
It just wouldn't be fair.

Definitely. The 2008 class on paper was #1 in the country. If the 2021 class gets to #10, it’ll mean miami had a wildly successful 2020 season and Manny will deserve every accolade thrown his way.

Again, doesn’t mean that 2021 can’t be a good class. It can. It just won’t even be close to approaching what 2008 was on paper.

Agreed. If this class lands 9-12 we had an excellent season and the coaches pulled some talent in down the stretch. On paper.

Off the paper, it's still wildly too early to say, but this 2021 class will have a chance to be better. 08 was 32 recruits and maybe the most unbalanced class in UM history... half the class was LBs, WRs, and QBs (6 lbs, 7 WRs, 3 QBs)

**** fly zone, friday evenings is usually reserved for spitting real miami football facts! But, your on point early on this sunday motning.

Advertisement
It starts with the big uglies..we must recruit Dl and Ol better..
We got the best dline in america, they get sacks and tfls, we are starting a pipeline to nfl. If the defensive corches cant sell that, then I dont know what to say. They need to be selling BEST DLINE IN AMERICA. We need to load up on 5 star talent based off that, **** it get Desantis on the phone if those guys cant capitalize

We got the best dline in america, they get sacks and tfls, we are starting a pipeline to nfl. If the defensive corches cant sell that, then I dont know what to say. They need to be selling BEST DLINE IN AMERICA. We need to load up on 5 star talent based off that, **** it get Desantis on the phone if those guys cant capitalize

DE is looking nice, but we dont have any proven difference makers at DT. Give me 2 Gerald Willis every year.

Not comparable in rankings but abilities I think the 2021 class has the chance to usurp the ‘08 class, with ease. There are playmakers galore in ‘21 that are on board or considering Miami. We put a great product offensively on the field to equal what we’ve done defensively and I think we can shore up a class for 2021 of the likes that shall get the Canes back to consistently winning games. We couldn’t say that about the #1 2008 recruiting class. Was some of it due to development, or lack there of? Certainly, but I also believe many in the ‘08 class had hit their ceiling whereas the ‘21 class doesn’t appear to have done so.

Advertisement
DE is looking nice, but we dont have any proven difference makers at DT. Give me 2 Gerald Willis every year.
Ya boys just know how to block ya blessings. The numbers speak for themselves, BEST DLINE IN NATION. Until late season collapse we were pretty good against the run still got tfl, stuff rate and sack numbers in top 5 range. We tryna recruit 5 stars mane, go that way

Ya boys just know how to block ya blessings. The numbers speak for themselves, BEST DLINE IN NATION. Until late season collapse we were pretty good against the run still got tfl, stuff rate and sack numbers in top 5 range. We tryna recruit 5 stars mane, go that way

Previous poster’s point is spot on. We are elite at the DE position but DT is remains to be seen. Will Nesta finally live up to the hype? Will Ford shut up the doubters?

Previous poster’s point is spot on. We are elite at the DE position but DT is remains to be seen. Will Nesta finally live up to the hype? Will Ford shut up the doubters?
Nesta started last season injured and was at UF game with a boot if I am not mistaken. He is coming into his 3rd yr now when most times you expect to see guys in trenches put it together. Ford has been solid, I dont look for everyone to be a tfl fiend, but I dont think I seen him as pancake victim either, Miller also seems to be on upward trend. Im bullish on those guys, I guess compared to most.

Mark this. If we land Taylor he will lose his 5* and the 247 guys who have been hyping him up the last 6 months will say he didn’t grow into the i goal rating haha

Advertisement
Back