Louisville recruits...

Advertisement
We should be worried about what this does in the future for Texas coming into Miami.

Texas doesn't need to come to SoFla

My thoughts exactly. It also keeps him away from the Forida job when it opens up. I hope that is the case.

If you think Texas won't come to south fla you are smoking something. Just like we had a pipeline there in the 80s and 90s. We should be concerned. Top talent Is leaving the 305.

He may come and try to cherry pick some elite guys but if you think that he will try to fill his roster up with south Florida talent like he did at Louisville you are the one smoking something. How do you think that the boosters, administration, and local high school coaches would feel about Strong ignoring in state talent in his own backyard. Do you think that they will want to see A&M, Baylor, and god forbid OU come in gobble up all the blue chippers from the state of Texas when he is coaching at the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS????

Advertisement
lol at texas coming to miami to recruit. if you think that would happen, you have no clue about football and texas football.
bad bad news for canes recruiting? lol. effing clueless.

Mack Brown came to recruit Dalvin Cook. As well he should have. Just because you're sitting in a rich area doesn't mean you close your eyes to out of state studs.

Things are going to be very different for Strong w/r/t recruiting. He's got a whole new thing going with Texas now. He made a living taking a lot of borderline bad grade kids from So Fla, and with that shady f*ck Hurtt. UT isnt quite the diploma mill commuter school that UL was. This was actually very good for us on a number of levels. I think it will get Strong out of Florida for the most part, and it also keeps him away from UF, where he could have been a NIGHTMARE for us.

Poona Ford is beast!! Would love to go after him.. Most dominant defensive player at the SemperFi practices by all accounts

Think we need/ want George Rushing? 24.7 doesn't show we have offered him.

George Rushing has felt the effects from the fluidity of college football coaching changes first-hand, and now has four weeks to decide on a college to attend.

Rushing -- who led all Broward Country wide receivers with 13 touchdowns last season -- decommitted from Louisville on Wednesday after rumors linked Bobby Petrino to the Cardinals' coaching job, replacing Charlie Strong, now at Texas.

“I’m just dealing with it so far,” the Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons product said. It’s been frustrating, but I’ll get through it.”

Rushing, who committed to Louisville in May, has official visits lined up in the coming weeks to Wisconsin on Jan. 17, LSU on Jan. 24, and TCU on Jan. 29-31. He also a list of schools he’s interested in but keeping it to himself for right now.

“I’m just wide open right now,” he said. “I just want to see who’s interested in me and just go from there.

“I just want to go to the best situation.”

As for staying close to home and attending the University of Miami, Rushing said he “last time I talked to UM was a while ago.”

However, Rushing said UM offensive coordinator James Coley reached out to his coach in December before winter break.

“I don’t know anything about it,” Rushing said regarding the talk. “I don’t know my status with [UM] right now.”

For Rushing, an underrated three-star prospect by multiple media outlets, finding some sort of clarity since having so much of it before Strong’s departure to Austin, Texas might take all the time he has left.

“Unless I just go somewhere and absolutely love it, my timeline [to make a final decision ends on] National Signing Day,” he said.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...where-after-decommitting-from-louisville.html

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back