Louisiana Offers today

2 of the greatest players in program history came from LA, but now we have no shot of recruiting there so we should just stop trying?? Once MIA begins to win it'll become a lot easier to recruit nationally, because The U will always hold a certain level of brand cachet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No harm trying and as others stated, casting a wide net. Maybe if we can flipping win on the actual football field in 2020 that this legwork will set the table for 2021.

2 of the greatest players in program history came from LA, but now we have no shot of recruiting there so we should just stop trying?? Once MIA begins to win it'll become a lot easier to recruit nationally, because The U will always maintain a certain level of brand cachet.

devils advocate, would those 2 come to UM in today’s landscape?

2 of the greatest players in program history came from LA, but now we have no shot of recruiting there so we should just stop trying?? Once MIA begins to win it'll become a lot easier to recruit nationally, because The U will always maintain a certain level of brand cachet.
Where did I say we should stop trying?

I said we not getting any Louisiana kids unless we win a natty, otherwise they're waiting on LSU or sticking in SEC country.

I'm not off base in saying that evidenced by the fact we have none on our team & the current Louisiana kid we were after in the 2020 class spurned us for Ole Miss.

You guys overreact & misread everything that doesn't fit with what you think lol.

What I said was accurate, never said we shouldn't try, didn't say I have a problem with the offers.

I said we're not getting any Louisiana kids to come here until we win big, which is true.

Advertisement
Where did I say we should stop trying?

I said we not getting any Louisiana kids unless we win a natty, otherwise they're waiting on LSU or sticking in SEC country.

I'm not off base in saying that evidenced by the fact we have none on our team & the current Louisiana kid we were after in the 2020 class spurned us for Ole Miss.

El..I thought that's what you were implying because why would you attempt to do anything if there's no chance of it succeeding? Also, in the past with OOS recruits you've said that they're just looking for free trips. However the results show that S.FLA & FLA recruits are looking for free trips just as much as these OOS recruits. In many instances what they do is worse, because they spend even more time on UM's campus, and still end up spurning their hometown team. Losing makes recruiting talented players more difficult across the board, but at the end of the day you still have to try, because you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Last edited:
El..I thought that's what you were implying because why would you attempt to do anything if there's no chance of it succeeding? Also, in the past with OOS recruits you've said that they're just looking for free trips. However the results show that S.FLA & FLA recruits are looking for free trips just as much as these OOS recruits. In many instances what they do is worse, because they spend even more time on UM's campus, and still end up spurning their hometown team. Losing makes recruiting talented players more difficult across the board, but at the end of the day you still have to try, because you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I've never once we shouldn't recruit OOS, I've actually been the biggest proponent of us forging a pipeline into Texas & Arizona, even said so in this very thread lol.

What I said about Lousiana kids, is specific to Louisiana kids, I never made a blanket statement about all OOS prospects. ****, I was one of the main ones schooling people on our pickup of Keyshawn Smith from San Diego.

My point was that kids from Louisiana ain't coming here until we have major national success, or win a natty, which is true, because again just take a look at roster & take a look at our recruiting classes, they don't come here. We have more kids from Las Vegas & NY on our team than we do from LA, what does that tell you..

I've never once we shouldn't recruit OOS, I've actually been the biggest proponent of us forging a pipeline into Texas & Arizona, even said so in this very thread lol.

What I said about Lousiana kids, is specific to Louisiana kids, I never made a blanket statement about all OOS prospects. ****, I was one of the main ones schooling people on our pickup of Keyshawn Smith from San Diego.

My point was that kids from Louisiana ain't coming here until we have major national success, or win a natty, which is true, because again just take a look at roster & take a look at our recruiting classes, they don't come here. We have more kids from Las Vegas & NY on our team than we do from LA, what does that tell you..

Ok, fair enough.

Advertisement

Arizona and Texas kids way more open to playing ball here..Especially with Lsu winning they can pick whoever they want

Advertisement
Has anyone ever tackled this Malek Nabers kid. lol . I watched 4 min worth of his highlights and he scored every single play thats in his highlights. That kid is legit. On the first bubble screen you see the speed that kid has.

He's got juice for sure. Stud

Being from Louisiana, I would say at the moment "YEAH" it's going to be hard to pull a stud from here (BUT it could definitely happen).. There are a lot of Cane fans here, Louisiana fans a so treaty thou, we teams here are WINNING everybody is all in, let start losing thou!!

BUT I been saying for years, MIAMI just needs to get a Louisiana based recruiter, someone who can scout the state.. I know Central Louisiana is not all LSU!! Miami just needs to recruit this state more, I know they could pull a few in every class..

Sage Ryan currently the #2 player in the state for 2021, this kid here is the real deal.. Nabers, my son told me he's really good, but never really heard much about him (his school isn't doing much, but he plays in the top district in the state 5A)..

Advertisement
You guys overreact & misread everything that doesn't fit with what you think lol.

What I said was accurate, never said we shouldn't try, didn't say I have a problem with the offers.

I said we're not getting any Louisiana kids to come here until we win big, which is true.

we do need to win big, agreed.

but my new orleans strategy would be f"ck the bayou schools, and concentrate on getting the kids that are the one-offs from places like Jesuit, Newman, Metairie Park, etc. …. the really strong private schools that among them always end up having a couple of kids that can play at this level.

because of the total package it offers, UM can appeal to those kids, and at least have a fighting chance. …. until as you say we get back to where we use to be, (if that ever happens)

Posted this earlier this month...No place in the country has the level of loyalty for their home team as Bayou kids.

In good times: LSU offers 25 kids in state- they are getting about 16-18 (will lose maybe 3-4 to bama, and a 3-4 combined to Tamu, Clem, maybe a Georgia)
In bad times: LSU offers 25 kids in state- They are getting 12-13...Still an awesome percentage.

Ohio is the only place still similar in today's recruiting landscape, and it's not QUITE that loyal, or as big, but the only place that can even be mentioned in this convo imo

Shoot your shot though, just have reasonable expectations. Gonna be tough if they got that legit LSU offer

Advertisement
Back