Louie Bing Classic

gambino97

Recruit
Thought some of you guys would be interested in some results from today's Louie Bing Classic....good to see so many football players VALUE track and field and the benefits gained by track in the spring....

I'll get things started by highlighting some of the known names and the track times.....

100m Prelims:

• Anthony Schwartz- 10.38 ( I know, I know, not a Cane and had jokes a few weeks ago. Kid is concentrating on the WRONG **** SPORT. Forget Smoke, this kid is the future of T&F if he chooses it...)
  • Tyson Campbell- 11.03 (sigh...)
  • Mark Pope- 11.08, did not advance. Pope mentioned this is his 1st year running track...ARE YOU ****-TING me?! This is a great showing. A February time of 11.1 means by State he should be in the 10.6 range with the potential to be lower. Great to see!
  • Cam Davis- 11.3. He won't be happy with the time as he ran faster last year, but for a RB of his build, confirms what we see on tape.
  • Interesting to see some of the other big name football players with such pedestrian times: Wildgoose ( 11.3 for CB?) ; Elijah Moore (11.5) Don Chaney (11.6); Nyquan Wright (11.8)
High Jump:

• Chaney picked up right where he left off last year with a win and a jump of 6-10...Insane at his size.
  • Al Blades had a clearance of 5-10
400m

Blades has strong showing the 400m with a opening time of 49.98 to advance to the finals.

200m

• Pope again impressed, running 22.62 to advance to finals.
  • Other FB notables: Kalani Norris- 23.89; Don Chaney- 24.23

Advertisement
Godd lookin out..I always like watching track but those meets are all ******* day..thanx for posting the times

Thought some of you guys would be interested in some results from today's Louie Bing Classic....good to see so many football players VALUE track and field and the benefits gained by track in the spring....

I'll get things started by highlighting some of the known names and the track times.....

100m Prelims:

• Anthony Schwartz- 10.38 ( I know, I know, not a Cane and had jokes a few weeks ago. Kid is concentrating on the WRONG **** SPORT. Forget Smoke, this kid is the future of T&F if he chooses it...)
  • Tyson Campbell- 11.03 (sigh...)
  • Mark Pope- 11.08, did not advance. Pope mentioned this is his 1st year running track...ARE YOU ****-TING me?! This is a great showing. A February time of 11.1 means by State he should be in the 10.6 range with the potential to be lower. Great to see!
  • Cam Davis- 11.3. He won't be happy with the time as he ran faster last year, but for a RB of his build, confirms what we see on tape.
  • Interesting to see some of the other big name football players with such pedestrian times: Wildgoose ( 11.3 for CB?) ; Elijah Moore (11.5) Don Chaney (11.6); Nyquan Wright (11.8)
High Jump:

• Chaney picked up right where he left off last year with a win and a jump of 6-10...Insane at his size.
  • Al Blades had a clearance of 5-10
400m

Blades has strong showing the 400m with a opening time of 49.98 to advance to the finals.

200m

• Pope again impressed, running 22.62 to advance to finals.
  • Other FB notables: Kalani Norris- 23.89; Don Chaney- 24.23

I was looking at that earlier..thanks for posting!

Blades last year best 400m--50.03 so he is already better this early in the year.
Pope is just learning how to sue blocks and come out as he never ran HS track until this year.

C. Davis has a small leg issue so that time will improve a lot as his best last year 10.94. He started off last year in the lower 11s. No one want ot peak out too early in the season. Wright's best 100m is near 11.0.
Wildgoose only ran one time last year and that at 200m--22.62. Lets see how he does aas the season progresses.
Campbell has added a little weight and it is early in the year but that 11+ from a best of 10.41 last year is "off" maybe he had some type of injury.

Chaney's sprint times are always down some s when he is participating in the jumps they occur first in the meets and "drain" him of his sprint times. Last year not doing the jumps he posted a best of 10.88--100m.

Advertisement
Many of those times were into rather moderate to strong headwinds--he is a calculator to use on the 100 meter times to get close to what it would be in no wind. Have some fun with it.
make sure to put a - in front of head wind speeds when running into it.

https://www.brianmac.co.uk/sprints/altwind.htm

Here is the link to the track meet -
http://files.milesplit.us/live_results/296608/index.html

Schwartz time would be 10.16 with no wind!

Mark Pope's time would have been 10.95 with no head wind--first meet in HS ever--darn good

Many of those times were into rather moderate to strong headwinds--he is a calculator to use on the 100 meter times to get close to what it would be in no wind. Have some fun with it.
make sure to put a - in front of head wind speeds when running into it.

https://www.brianmac.co.uk/sprints/altwind.htm

Here is the link to the track meet -
http://files.milesplit.us/live_results/296608/index.html

Schwartz time would be 10.16 with no wind!

Mark Pope's time would have been 10.95 with no head wind--first meet in HS ever--darn good

Interesting formulas I have seen them used bu the USTAFF and are pretty accurate.

Wildgooses's time when put into formula for head wing came out to a 100m in 11.16 . Not that bad for so early in the year and when compared to Campbell's.

BUT Campbell had NO competition in his heat so just cruised saving it for tomorrow.
Heat 15 Preliminaries Wind: -2.2
1 Tyson Campbell 12 Am Heritage P 11.03q
2 Adetutu Daranijo 12 Aquinas 11.57
3 Jalen Tanelus 12 Everglades HS 11.69

Alphonso Blades also cruised in the 400m and saving energy there much more important--He could and probably will break the HS national elite standard of 49.50 tomorrow

Heat 11 Preliminaries
1 Alphonso Blades 12 Aquinas 49.98q
2 Preston Buckley 12 Homestead Senior HS 52.25
3 Rayjae Grant 10 North Miami HS 52.88

Last edited:
Why do some people say Pope isn't fast? 11.06 is nothing to be ashamed about, especially his first time running. And in his highlights he looks plenty fast.

Advertisement
Interesting formulas I have seen them used bu the USTAFF and are pretty accurate.

Wildgooses's time when put into formula for head wing came out to a 100m in 11.16 . Not that bad for so early in the year and when compared to Campbell's.

BUT Campbell had NO competition in his heat so just cruised saving it for tomorrow.

Alphonso Blades also cruised in the 400m and saving energy there much more important--He could and probably will break the HS national elite standard of 49.50 tomorrow

Heat 11 Preliminaries

I think his uncle-- Bennie is his uncle, right?--was a pretty good HS quarter-miler.

Lou Bing Track meet finals--today

Blades improves his 400m time in finals finished 5th in a huge initial field
Event 12 Boys 400 Meter Dash (National Elite Time 49.50)
=======================================================================
Name Year School Finals Points
=======================================================================
Finals
1 Tyrese Cooper 11 Miami Norland HS 46.54
2 Peter Anderson 12 Hallandale HS 47.70
3 DaeQwan Butler 12 Piper HS 49.10
4 Jovan Ferguson 10 Aquinas 49.14
5 Alphonso Blades 12 Aquinas 49.76
6 Jamal Cooney 11 Aquinas 49.94
7 Ethan Hanna 10 Piper HS 49.99
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Pope in first high school meet finished 5th in the 200m running into a strong head wind -2.4 mps. Great for a ball player that just started track

Heat 11 Preliminaries
cruised in prelims? In the finals his 10.77 is not far from Popes 11.08...bottom line
.Pope is fast enough on paper to take it the distance in college...

Last edited:
cruised in prelims? In the finals his 11.77 is not far from Popes 11.08...bottom line
.Pope is fast enough on paper to take it the distance in college...
Popes coach said he could have run a 10.8 or lower if he didn’t slow up at the end

Advertisement
Wow.. Im shocked Pope ran that fast. Thats amazing. I knew he was fast but track is a different monster. I was guessing an 11.5 ish

Advertisement
Why do some people say Pope isn't fast?

Because they're stupid and always looking for something to bytch about when it comes to UM. He was consistently 3 steps behind every DB in that Army all-star game. The QBs just couldn't get the ball out to him.

Pope is fast and smoother than Terry McCray's biceps. He's going to be one of our great WRs by the time he leaves here.

Advertisement
Back