Lost In All This (Don Chaney DIDNT Fumble)

Dude

Senior
Don Chaney didn't fumble. We won that game. Miami can't just sit back and take this. I know how it looks to other fan bases and I don't care. They have to start calling attention to ACC officiating and put these clowns under the microscope. Yeah, Mario should have called a kneel... but you know what, it shouldn't have mattered because Don Chaney didn't fumble. Clearly confirmed of replay. The refs got away with cheating these guys. Enough is enough.

Advertisement
If the refs were determined to make Georgia Tech the winner, why did they wait until after we should have ended the game?

How about not throwing three INTs and taking a knee when the game is out of reach. Then we could be talking about UNC instead of how the refs supposedly hate us.

If the refs were determined to make Georgia Tech the winner, why did they wait until after we should have ended the game?

How about not throwing three INTs and taking a knee when the game is out of reach. Then we could be talking about UNC instead of how the refs supposedly hate us.
You know both things can be true…right?

It's not a conspiracy. It's an in the moment I'm gonna make them pay thing. It's like the umpire in baseball, knowing he's wrong, but having power ejects someone anyways.

Advertisement
Don Chaney didn't fumble. We won that game. Miami can't just sit back and take this. I know how it looks to other fan bases and I don't care. They have to start calling attention to ACC officiating and put these clowns under the microscope. Yeah, Mario should have called a kneel... but you know what, it shouldn't have mattered because Don Chaney didn't fumble. Clearly confirmed of replay. The refs got away with cheating these guys. Enough is enough.
The GT player didn’t even start the ripping motion til after the elbow was on the ground

However, ever coach has forever said never leave it in the hands of the officials.

It's not a conspiracy. It's an in the moment I'm gonna make them pay thing. It's like the umpire in baseball, knowing he's wrong, but having power ejects someone anyways.

Pay for what? Why were the refs angry at Mario?

Advertisement
I agree with you that he didn’t fumble but Mario should have never put Chaney in that position. He put the game in the refs hands and we all know the refs hate Miami.
100%. Totally boneheaded. But... it didn't matter because Chaney DID NOT fumble. A ref took it upon himself, despite CONCLUSIVE video evidence to call it anyways. Miami can not allow that. It's a ***** move if they do.

It's not like they waited. The entire game was an officiating **** show. We survived that malpractice until the last **** 36 seconds.

Advertisement
I’ve always said refs should be required to hold post-game press conferences with stat sheets of their calls and what percentage they got right and wrong. And of course have to answer questions on the very controversial calls they make. They should also get fined for having lower hit rates on calls and blatant disregard for the actual rules they’re supposed to enforce.

This whole, can’t critique the refs or you get fined thing ain’t it. Mario is open to scrutiny and has to address questions regarding his bonehead call. All coaches are subject to that. Refs should be no different.

Advertisement

So you're saying the refs waited until last minute of game to ***** us on blatantly poor officiating? Am I reading this correctly?

/asking for a phantom hold call.

I’ve always said refs should be required to hold post-game press conferences with stat sheets of their calls and what percentage they got right and wrong. And of course have to answer questions on the very controversial calls they make. They should also get fined for having lower hit rates on calls and blatant disregard for the actual rules they’re supposed to enforce.

I would love to know if officials are ever really held accountable. I know there are rare cases when it's publicly released that officials have some form of punishment.

But what really goes on behind the curtain? What are the metrics of a successful official? How are these metrics measured? What consequences are there and how often are they doled out?

I feel like they are unaccountable and when that happens, in comes the God complex.

Advertisement
Back