Lorenzo Lingard

I love Decisive RBs, with that One Cut and go mentality...this is why I was a Huge Tony Dorsett fan...Cam has that mindset, which I Love...Great Hands to boot, which will come into play alot this yr (ref too screens..wheel routes..etc...)
Theres no one more "one cut" on the roster than Lingard. All he did in highschool was that lol

Advertisement
I love Decisive RBs, with that One Cut and go mentality...this is why I was a Huge Tony Dorsett fan...Cam has that mindset, which I Love...Great Hands to boot, which will come into play alot this yr (ref too screens..wheel routes..etc...)
This is also why I love Lingard as well. Both Lingard and Cam have the "one cut and go style."

As for Deejay, I don't understand why he receives so much hate on this board. He is our starting running back, because in my opinion, he is the most ready running back, at this time. He may not have the tools as Lingard and Cam, but he has a very unique skill set, and I am a huge fan of the guy!

There were times last year when he looked better than Homer. I can't see a way where he is not the starter on 08/24. Either way, I can legitimately see us using 3 RB's, and why not, when you have 3 studs like we do. Clemson and Georgia both did it, and they have two completely different offensive systems!

This is also why I love Lingard as well. Both Lingard and Cam have the "one cut and go style."

As for Deejay, I don't understand why he receives so much hate on this board. He is our starting running back, because in my opinion, he is the most ready running back, at this time. He may not have the tools as Lingard and Cam, but he has a very unique skill set, and I am a huge fan of the guy!

There were times last year when he looked better than Homer. I can't see a way where he is not the starter on 08/24. Either way, I can legitimately see us using 3 RB's, and why not, when you have 3 studs like we do. Clemson and Georgia both did it, and they have two completely different offensive systems!
Absolutely...But I think Cam went up against better comp than Lingard...Using Emmitt Smith as an example, he did his damage in Escambia County...(Remember we talking 83-86) but I promise you...those stats would've been alot worse playing in Dade...Especially in the 80s...

Advertisement
Absolutely...But I think Cam went up against better comp than Lingard...Using Emmitt Smith as an example, he did his damage in Escambia County...(Remember we talking 83-86) but I promise you...those stats would've been alot worse playing in Dade...Especially in the 80s...
Cam definitely had better comp in high school, and whoever would argue differently, needs to be checked into a mental hospital immediately! Prior to injury, it appeared that Lingard made the better transition to college between the two, but that's debatable. Either way, the future at RB is in good hands with these two!

For whatever reason...Carol City Kids have an extra Dog about them...

Agreed. This is what I'd do if I was Dan Enos:

There would be 4 static positions: 1 QB (Martell), 1 RB (Harris), 1 WR (Osborn), 1 TE (Jordan) on every play.

Dallas, Thomas, Mallory would play all-purpose roles, lining up all over the field and rotating constantly.

Dallas: split-back shotgun RB, slot, wildcat QB

Thomas: WR, slot, and split-back shotgun RB to run swing, angle, wheel routes

Mallory: in-line, slot, H-back

Lingard, Pope, Payton, Hightower, Irving, Realus, Harley, Wiggins, Njoku all get their number called randomly on game day, ensuring that they're ready and engaged at practice.

Burns, Few, Polendey, Hodges, Perry, Williams, Matocha bring everyone water and Powerade.

Agreed. This is what I'd do if I was Dan Enos:

There would be 4 static positions: 1 QB (Martell), 1 RB (Harris), 1 WR (Osborn), 1 TE (Jordan) on every play.

Dallas, Thomas, Mallory would play all-purpose roles, lining up all over the field and rotating constantly.

Dallas: split-back shotgun RB, slot, wildcat QB

Thomas: WR, slot, and split-back shotgun RB to run swing, angle, wheel routes

Mallory: in-line, slot, H-back

Lingard, Pope, Payton, Hightower, Irving, Realus, Harley, Wiggins, Njoku all get their number called randomly on game day, ensuring that they're ready and engaged at practice.

Burns, Few, Polendey, Hodges, Perry, Williams, Matocha bring everyone water and Powerade.
The guide to a great "hot take" is to put a little Rok on it!

You're becoming one of the worst posters in this board fast.
He has held that title undisputed for months now
How many times have I replied to any of your posts? Zero. The truth is, I don't value any of your opinions enough to even reply. Clearly u value mine though bc u reply to everything I say.
Play me in teatherball hoe

Advertisement

It's "shiny new toy" syndrome.

2017 - DJ was better in our last 2 games vs. Clemson & Wisconsin than Homer, so in the offseason it became popular to say DJ was better than Homer
2018 - Cam has 2 big games down the stretch, so now he's better than DJ.

IMO - DJ is getting some hate right now because:

- People are putting too much stock in what they last saw vs. looking at the overall body of work
- When people prefer a backup, they tend to tear down the starter to make the case
- Cam is from Dade, DJ is from GA. Dade players will always get the benefit of the doubt

Yeah actually I did. U wouldn't bet against Cam going higher in the draft than DJ or Cam having a better career in the NFL would u?

I think DJ has better NFL potential than Cam. It's not a huge gap, and wouldn't argue against anyone that said Cam - but I think DJ translates better to the NFL.

Advertisement
I think DJ has better NFL potential than Cam. It's not a huge gap, and wouldn't argue against anyone that said Cam - but I think DJ translates better to the NFL.
We will see about that, I think Harris does personally. Stronger build, fast and explosive back that also happens to be an excellent back with receiving skills(deejay is really good here too). On top of that he’s running differently than he did in highschool showing a bit more elusiveness and creativity with his runs based on the end of the last season and his work in the spring

Advertisement
I liked dj his first year at rb. Last great he looked out of shape. I think he'll be in better shape this year and will have a beast year

This. Lots of people have argued not to read too much into how Perry performed under Richt, and I agree with that. The capability is there, just need a great OC to draw it out of him and make him consistently effective. I would argue the same with Deejay. He may not have been misused at the level of a Chickillo. But Richt and Brown left a lot of yards on the field because of how unoriginal they were with their players. Again, I think people are sleeping on the kid.

We have three great backs. Enos needs to find ways to fold them ALL in. I especially like DWins concept of using these guys all over the field. They're athletes who can do more than run the ball between the tackles. Let's take advantage of the mismatches they create.

This. Lots of people have argued not to read too much into how Perry performed under Richt, and I agree with that. The capability is there, just need a great OC to draw it out of him and make him consistently effective. I would argue the same with Deejay. He may not have been misused at the level of a Chickillo. But Richt and Brown left a lot of yards on the field because of how unoriginal they were with their players. Again, I think people are sleeping on the kid.

We have three great backs. Enos needs to find ways to fold them ALL in. I especially like DWins concept of using these guys all over the field. They're athletes who can do more than run the ball between the tackles. Let's take advantage of the mismatches they create.
Dj is just a football player. He can be a rb, wr or play on defense and be a player

We need to take advantage of this and utilize his ability as a receiver.

It's risky because we're essentially going into 2019 with 3 RBs, but in order to maximize their talents I think DJ should be the All-Purpose guy.
This

Advertisement
Back