Loophole to avoid delay penalty

90scane

Sophomore
Premium
this happened vs GT and just happened with FIU.

An offensive team can sub players late. When the ref gets behind the center, snap it anyway leading to a 25 play clock.

Anyone know why that shouldn’t be a delay of game on the O for moving the ball before it was allowed?

Advertisement

An offensive team can sub players late. When the ref gets behind the center, snap it anyway leading to a 25 play clock.

Anyone know why that shouldn’t be a delay of game on the O for moving the ball before it was allowed?
I’m pretty sure it is and should have been a penalty

Man i was screaming this exact thing!! You move the ball while ref is holding play then that is a delay of game penalty.

It also happened in a game I was watching last weekend. (I don’t remember which one) The center snapped the ball while the referee was still standing right behind him. The ball hit the ref and got recovered by the defense. It was blown dead and the offense was issued a penalty.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back