Looking for an old Mario recruiting story

this was posted on here probably back when golden was the coach and had Mario on staff for a few weeks, my memory on it is a little foggy - anyways, I remember a post about Mario basically laying the hammer down on other schools & coaches trying to recruit the South Florida area. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I just remember thinking "****, this dude aint f*ckin around"

Advertisement
It was basically when Mario came down here and joined Al Goldens staff. I think it was Urban or someone was recruiting in one of the SFla schools and Mario basically punked Urbie and said something to the affect of “he can recruit the school AFTER I’m done” Golden’s jaw dropped apparently or something

It was basically when Mario came down here and joined Al Goldens staff. I think it was Urban or someone was recruiting in one of the SFla schools and Mario basically punked Urbie and said something to the affect of “he can recruit the school AFTER I’m done” Golden’s jaw dropped apparently or something
That situation was one where it turned Blake James off of Mario......

Mario is here....Blake isnt

Sounds about right! Thanks

This is what I remember - it was Urban

Advertisement
.Mario was talking about Chase Ford in a video and then he left. I remember him cursing and saying something like that's a fuqin tight end....or something like that.

Did you know??

Miami should be recruiting at a much higher level. Along with the lack of development of the current roster, as well as not playing the younger guys who are out performing the upper class men, is foolish. Did you know, that up until Mark Richt, each Miami coach had at least one # 1 recruiting class? Yes, even with Al Golden. Poor leadership seems to have sunk the program, both in the Athletics Department, also in the School Administration. Cristobal is a guy who preaches fundamentals on both sides of the ball. And his players look like a well disciplined unit when they're on the field. Watching Miami, it was painfully obvious there was a definite lacking in Offensive Line play. It all starts upon front. If you can't block, you can't have success. Mario Cristobal was an Offensive line player. He coached at Alabama as an O-Line Coordinator. He took over at Oregon as the O-Line coach, before becoming head coach and lead recruiter. That would fill a huge need gap right there. Man, when you talk about his recruiting ability; just looking up his recent classes, there are some eye popping truths in there.
The 2021 recruiting class, Oregon signed:
The # 1 player in Arizona
The # 1 player in Colorado
The # 1 player in Missouri
The # 1 player in New York
The # 1 player in Oregon
The # 1 player in Utah
The # 2 player in California
The # 3 player in California

In the 2020 class, he signed the # 1 & # 2 Inside Linebackers. Lo! That's just ridiculous. Any school would love to have that. This is a guy who can change the culture at a dysfunctional program, like Miami is in a state of. Think about this. Ohio State had not lost a game at home is 4 years. Oregon went into the Shoe and just bullied them. And they did it without their best player Kayvon Thibodeaux not playing.

That was about qb Alin Edoard at Hialeah High School i believe.

Funny enough ...he turned out not to be good.
What ever happened to that guy?

Mario came, made a decree that we had to recruit Alin, he committed and they both were gone within a month hahaha

Advertisement
this was posted on here probably back when golden was the coach and had Mario on staff for a few weeks, my memory on it is a little foggy - anyways, I remember a post about Mario basically laying the hammer down on other schools & coaches trying to recruit the South Florida area. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I just remember thinking "****, this dude aint f*ckin around"
Ya why do you think Saban hired him away so quickly?

Advertisement

Here you go, friend.

:)

Advertisement
Back