Looking back...

SinCityCane

Recruit
The '17 season, Storm '18, the '18 season being bad enough for Richt to quit, signing Diaz - who immediately owned the portal - was the shot in the arm this program needed. We're sitting on a monster & the whole country is sleeping because of last season. A (mostly) stacked roster with a chip on its shoulder, a proven OC, a HC with the fire & capacity to mold a team that will remind the world who the Miami Hurricanes are. Everything that happened - all of last year's bull**** - had to happen in sequence for us to be in this situation. It was gonna be a long, slow wash down the drain with just enough talent & wins to keep things status quo for years, starting with some of our best players transferring or declaring. This team just dodged a napalm bomb & pimp walked into the playboy mansion with their ****s out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last year was just a repeat performance of what we've all come to know as Canes fans..

A talented team that completely underperformed due to poor personal decisions (Rosie starting) and terrible coaching

Its been the same tune (outside of 2017 even though that began to surface late) since 2004

I’m just tired of saying “maybe next year” knowing nothing was going to change. Now we have something to look forward to getting better. Last year sucked, but good **** has come out of it.

The current state of our program reminds me of the Golden State warriors, a couple of years before Steve Kerr arrived. Mark Jackson, the coach prior to Steve Kerr, served as our Mark Richt. He steered the ship in the right direction, made major improvements to the roster, style of play, and overall perception of the team. By the time Kerr arrived, the pieces were already in place to make a Major statement, immediately! They did just that!

Steve implemented a system that allowed the talent to flourish and he implanted a culture that based on more accountability and less entitlement. Manny and Enos are doing the same thing with our program.

I am not predicting us to win the championship like the Warriors did in Kerr's first season. However, I think Manny and Enos, together, are the missing link that will get us over the hump of becoming a national force again. We are definitely a sleeping giant and I don't think it is going to take several years for it to manifest.

Advertisement
The '17 season, Storm '18, the '18 season being bad enough for Richt to quit, signing Diaz - who immediately owned the portal - was the shot in the arm this program needed. We're sitting on a monster & the whole country is sleeping because of last season. A (mostly) stacked roster with a chip on its shoulder, a proven OC, a HC with the fire & capacity to mold a team that will remind the world who the Miami Hurricanes are. Everything that happened - all of last year's bull**** - had to happen in sequence for us to be in this situation. It was gonna be a long, slow wash down the drain with just enough talent & wins to keep things status quo for years, starting with some of our best players transferring or declaring. This team just dodged a napalm bomb & pimp walked into the playboy mansion with their ****s out.
I'm with you.

Hj2SMnAgXvfjovGDUUhrhL.jpg

Last year was just a repeat performance of what we've all come to know as Canes fans..

A talented team that completely underperformed due to poor personal decisions (Rosie starting) and terrible coaching

Its been the same tune (outside of 2017 even though that began to surface late) since 2004
Last year was worse than a repeat performance. The expectation were high because of the previous year and you got a chance to see what Miami could be. The decisions that CMR made last year were mind boggling. His sons terrible QB coaching, along with his inept play calling, and zero accountability from the offensive staff doomed the season. Manny was right to come in a clean house and start over.

Facts... But we may actually have some competent coaching on both sides of the ball finally.

Advertisement

Can anyone think of a more chaotic 18 days for a program between Diaz hire to Temple, then hire to Miami?

Advertisement

We need a player who can single handedly turn a game around when things start going south. Haven't had one in years. Get a couple on the team and we're talking NC.

I think were gonna lay an *** whooping on Florida tbh.
I agree. I am tired of all these pu$$y *** fans saying we just need a good game. I have been watching Miami since the late 70s.we always owned their a$$ I am 52 years old and they have only beaten us once since I was in high school.what scares u people a come from behind win against Vanderbilt. Do you think their dork a$$ fans are hoping for a good game no. This is the U we should always expect to beat the gayters

Advertisement
Back