Looking back while moving forward

Let's see...Al Golden still coach? His staph still in place? Check and check. That means that I still have zero confidence.

I hope for more underachievement so we get a new head coach.

Advertisement
So after last night's dominant 3 1/2 quarters followed by an 8 minute debacle....I'm wondering if you were swayed at all about this team's potential.

I may get blasted for this post but prior to the game, I was hopeful for a win but by no means was I confident. Honestly, the first 3 quarters of this game showed me what this team could look like if/when we play a complete 4 quarters. Guys were stepping up that we hadn't seen do that. I liked our play-calling on O and our scheme on D. Yet once the 4th quarter hit, I found myself saying "here we f****** go again." As s***** as it was though, kids lose focus (this happens at every level) when they have a big lead. They stop doing the little things that had made them successful and it's obvious that we just let our guard down as the game was well in hand.

Waking up this morning and looking back on the game, I somehow think it's safe to say that I feel better (not great, just better) about what this year's group can accomplish. So I guess for me the first 3 quarters are just weighing slightly heavier than the last one.

Just curious if anyone else feels a little more confident in this group or not based off of yesterday?

We looked like the best team in college football through the first 40 minutes.

We also looked like the worst team in college football the final 8 minutes of regulation.

I'm thinking the first 40 minutes are who this team really is, and the meltdown was what we have to guard against.

If we can minimize the bad, and if Coley can actually call a complete game with the pedal down, then we can run the table.

Run the table?!

Lololololololol

Yesterday, even in winning -felt like a loss. Leaving the stadium( and I've been to my share of Miami losses) I have never heard the vitriol like I did last night. Through 3 quarters Miami was making a statement, the last quarter of that game left more questions.

It is what it is...

So after last night's dominant 3 1/2 quarters followed by an 8 minute debacle....I'm wondering if you were swayed at all about this team's potential.

I may get blasted for this post but prior to the game, I was hopeful for a win but by no means was I confident. Honestly, the first 3 quarters of this game showed me what this team could look like if/when we play a complete 4 quarters. Guys were stepping up that we hadn't seen do that. I liked our play-calling on O and our scheme on D. Yet once the 4th quarter hit, I found myself saying "here we f****** go again." As s***** as it was though, kids lose focus (this happens at every level) when they have a big lead. They stop doing the little things that had made them successful and it's obvious that we just let our guard down as the game was well in hand.

Waking up this morning and looking back on the game, I somehow think it's safe to say that I feel better (not great, just better) about what this year's group can accomplish. So I guess for me the first 3 quarters are just weighing slightly heavier than the last one.

Just curious if anyone else feels a little more confident in this group or not based off of yesterday?

We also looked like the worst team in college football the final 8 minutes of regulation.

I'm thinking the first 40 minutes are who this team really is, and the meltdown was what we have to guard against.

If we can minimize the bad, and if Coley can actually call a complete game with the pedal down, then we can run the table.

Run the table?!

Lololololololol

Aren't you an Auburn fan now? No coincidence once you started rooting for them they now blow.

Advertisement
Fsu game will determine the season. Win that game and the team will have all the confidence to beat anyone on the schedule. Lose, and we could lose to anyone.

We were completely dominant against a great team except for a little 10 minute hiccup that was meaningless. If they would have gone 10 minute quarters like they should have once we got ahead, that hiccup never would have happened.

Yesterday, even in winning -felt like a loss. Leaving the stadium( and I've been to my share of Miami losses) I have never heard the vitriol like I did last night. Through 3 quarters Miami was making a statement, the last quarter of that game left more questions.

It is what it is...

Miami was making a statement against a team that might win 4 or 5 games this year. That team had 0 playmakers and a cement-footed defense with no pass rush. They are going to get annihilated through the air by any team that can throw.

Advertisement
It's been so long that most don't know what good football looks like. Nebraska gave us the game. Outside of the first quarter we played like we normally do under golden.

Nebraska has a bum quarterback and if Bo Pelini was the coach this kid kills us all game long with his legs. He actually hurt us several times. They asked that poor shlub of a QB to throw almost all game and he was pretty decent, but his WRs couldn't catch a cold.

Thinks that still haven't changed:

Can't defend read option
Coley getting cute
Abandon run game
Can't cover their best WR (westerncramp)
Can't tackle.

fact is AG and his entire crew do not belong in MIAMI or any major D1 FBS school. Once we play a team that has talent and a competent HC we gonna get smoked. We should of beaten NEB 50-0. They had zero talent. Look up their roster then look at ours.

The biggest positive that I pulled out of the game was that Coley called a game that wasn't afraid. For the most part, they continued to attack what the defense gave them.

I don't like Rozier play, but he was probably throwing a playing time bone for hard work put in.

No doubt the D played a lot better last night and never gave up. They were hitting hard (see Bush and Carter), disrupting plays, forced a few turnovers, and for once in a very long time they were actually pretty active in the backfield. I didn't see much 3-4 and thank god. I happy for the players, but we all know a Golden led team is bound to lose to teams they are not supposed to. We will lose at least 4.

I wish Carter would just use his **** head to think instead of to hit. He's got the physical skills to be a great one, but on the field he is just an idiot, running around trying to make the biggest, baddest hit possible but without first making sure he's in position to make the play. While Bush's ejection was correct by the technicality of the rule, it wasn't an intentional targeting. Carter's hit was just plain stupid.

Advertisement
It's a good win for the team right now. But from what I saw yesterday, I still see Nebraska as a 6 win team this year. We'll see how it plays out.

Good win for now though.

I love our players.

I just hate our coaches.

Hard to be excited when we all know the inevitable will occur

lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back