Looking back and knowing what we know now

walker_0019

Recruit
You guys think Jarren was let in early on the news that Richt was retiring and Diaz would take over? It was a little odd that news gets out of Transfer, then changed his mind hours later.

Advertisement
Nah.

I said in another thread, but I'm not so sure Manny cares for Jarren OR Perry at Qb. I think he wants a Miss. State Dak Prescott type QB. Just a hunch.

You guys think Jarren was let in early on the news that Richt was retiring and Diaz would take over? It was a little odd that news gets out of Transfer, then changed his mind hours later.

No. It was clear that Perry was in the doghouse. That being said for Williams. This is a complete new start with the position wide open. If he puts in the effort (and goes to class), then he has a great chance of being named starter.

Advertisement
No, what I think he realized is Rosier is gone and Perry hasn't shown much & with no 2019 QB coming in the job should could be his with a fair shake and decent performance in the Spring. Why sit out a year anyway, otherwise have fun at Georgia Southern or somewhere cold and bereft of big butts in bikinis all weekend long :)

Advertisement

54FD6EC7-F5B6-4EF9-86D4-D49753FDC4C5.gif

This is only a hunch but I think Rick was contemplating leaving and when they forced his hand to get rid of his offensive staff he just didn’t have the drive or fortitude to change and fire his staff. When they talked to Jarren they probably told him he had a chance to start next year.

Nah.

I said in another thread, but I'm not so sure Manny cares for Jarren OR Perry at Qb. I think he wants a Miss. State Dak Prescott type QB. Just a hunch.
I don’t think manny has seen all that much of either of them.O and D don’t spend much practice time together.

Advertisement
Not unless he was sleeping in CMR’s spare bedroom. Doesn’t sound like anyone saw this coming.

So we let Williams know that Diaz was going to take the Temple job and then right after the Wisky game Richt would retire but don’t worry Williams we are going to buy out Diaz contract at Temple and he’ll be our HC, does that sound good to you?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back