Looking at the latest mock draft's boy have we missed out

ft. myers has never been considered "south florida" has never really been cane friendly, besides jammi german and a few others. Watkins maybe considered us early on, but, it was over long before NSD. joyner never considered UM, I don't care where he's from or went to hs.

and Clemson has a better history of winning and developing talent?

Advertisement
ft. myers has never been considered "south florida" has never really been cane friendly, besides jammi german and a few others. Watkins maybe considered us early on, but, it was over long before NSD. joyner never considered UM, I don't care where he's from or went to hs.

and Clemson has a better history of winning and developing talent?

5XNC, you don't think Clemson has done a better job developing talent and putting kids in the NFL recently? Or having 1st round talent? I would venture to say they have had more picks in the top 3 round in the last 3-5 years than we have.

in the last 3-5 years? maybe. but, you said since 2003. we still are one of the top schools represented in the nfl and have players dominating the nfl. our history and national championships and exposure and brand is still better than Clemson, I don't care what anyone says. kids remember that. and the 30 for 30 kids see and like.

in the last 3-5 years? maybe. but, you said since 2003. we still are one of the top schools represented in the nfl and have players dominating the nfl. our history and national championships and exposure and brand is still better than Clemson, I don't care what anyone says. kids remember that. and the 30 for 30 kids see and like.

To be 100% honest, I can't wait for them to make the yrs 1999-2002 30 for 30 that Corbin said he was working on, that is what is relevant to these kids. History is nice, but those years are fresh in their minds as they probably had reason and understand during this time. Most of these kids are born in the 90s already, our history is before their time.

Advertisement
i understand where youre coming from, with losing these kids becuz obviously they had nfl potential. however, you nor I or anybody else in here knows for sure, that if we had those kids they would be just as successful here. ive seen plenty of highly rated kids not do **** here or not live up to expectations and my guessing its been the coaching, the cokers shannons and goldens of the world.

i understand where youre coming from, with losing these kids becuz obviously they had nfl potential. however, you nor I or anybody else in here knows for sure, that if we had those kids they would be just as successful here. ive seen plenty of highly rated kids not do **** here or not live up to expectations and my guessing its been the coaching, the cokers shannons and goldens of the world.

Very true, Ryan Moore and Lance Leggett are two that come to mind quite quickly.

I still want to know how we let Lomas Brown, Anthony Carter, Jessie Hester, Louis Oliver and Lorenzo White get away.

If we're throwing Fort Myers in there, where is the uproar over letting that Deion Sanders kid go to FSU?

Even when we had a "fence around South Florida" and it was the "state of Miami", we still lost All-Americans and 1st round draft picks. I'm sure every staff we've had, including this one, wished they were able to sign more, but the reality is we've always lost very talented players and we always will. Do we really have to keep talking about the same **** over and over? There has to be like 50 threads in the last 6 months talking about Benjamin and Joyner.

Hurricanewarriors.com lists our recruiting classes going back to 1987. The 2012 class was the most heavily weighted Florida class since 1987. This class is average to maybe slightly above average in terms of numbers from Florida. Yes, the staff has some work to do and probably should have had an even better class this year, but can we please stop getting so hung up on the players that got away. It's a slap in the face to the elite south Florida players we have signed like Duke, Howard, Bush, Burns, Coley, Grace, McDermott, Darling, Yearby, Thomas, etc.

I negged because those guys were nothing without proper development. Let's not act like if these guys were Canes' we would have been in the BCSCG. We still have Nevin and we still haven't developed kids properly since Butch left. Of the kids you listed the only two that really hurt were Bridgewater and Watkins. Other than that we've had our share of top recruits lets see what happens. According to recruiting services in 3 years we should have the one of the best DLs in the country with amazing pass rushers to spare. Let's see what shakes out before we crown Louis Nix who is the product of a weak DLine crop entering the draft. He is no where near the talent level of previous first rounds picks at his position and that was part of the reason he came back last year because he would have been around the 4th-5th DT taken at best a year ago.

I also negged because of the guy who isn't a high draft pick but should be missed above all is Devonta Freeman who has only killed us every time we've play against him, plays a position where last year after our starter went down we depended on a Sr coming off neck injury and converted safety and 2* fullback from NYC, Helps Jimbo fisher steal top recruits from our backyard and is on the verge of going undefeated against his "hometown" team. "missing out" or "losing" those other guys hasn't produced nearly the same ramifications as losing Freeman.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lamarcus Joyner never considered the Canes, he saw how horribly we were ran under Randy. Kelvin Benjamin was more of a UF lean then a Miami lean before going to FSU. We're never going to get them all. Not sure what the OP was trying to accomplish here.

Joyner just never wanted to be here... You would of thought the kid was from Tally haha... He was a Nole coming out his mother's womb... Wasn't there concerns about Benjamin grades? He was a lean but if I could recall our staff advised him to forego his senior year and atten a prep school... However, our season went down the drain and he opted for FSU...

I still want to know how we let Lomas Brown, Anthony Carter, Jessie Hester, Louis Oliver and Lorenzo White get away.

If we're throwing Fort Myers in there, where is the uproar over letting that Deion Sanders kid go to FSU?

Even when we had a "fence around South Florida" and it was the "state of Miami", we still lost All-Americans and 1st round draft picks. I'm sure every staff we've had, including this one, wished they were able to sign more, but the reality is we've always lost very talented players and we always will. Do we really have to keep talking about the same **** over and over? There has to be like 50 threads in the last 6 months talking about Benjamin and Joyner.

Hurricanewarriors.com lists our recruiting classes going back to 1987. The 2012 class was the most heavily weighted Florida class since 1987. This class is average to maybe slightly above average in terms of numbers from Florida. Yes, the staff has some work to do and probably should have had an even better class this year, but can we please stop getting so hung up on the players that got away. It's a slap in the face to the elite south Florida players we have signed like Duke, Howard, Bush, Burns, Coley, Grace, McDermott, Darling, Yearby, Thomas, etc.

+100000

It has always been a battle among the Big 3 for recruits... We didn't start keeping players home until the 80's... Growing up it has always been a battle among kids regarding the Big 3... I was the man among my friends from 00-05... UM was the best in the state... This hasn't been the case since then...

Lamarcus Joyner never considered the Canes, he saw how horribly we were ran under Randy. Kelvin Benjamin was more of a UF lean then a Miami lean before going to FSU. We're never going to get them all. Not sure what the OP was trying to accomplish here.

Joyner just never wanted to be here... You would of thought the kid was from Tally haha... He was a Nole coming out his mother's womb... Wasn't there concerns about Benjamin grades? He was a lean but if I could recall our staff advised him to forego his senior year and atten a prep school... However, our season went down the drain and he opted for FSU...

The funny thing is, when we were kicking *** no one cared about who we "missed" on because we had ballers at every position. "missing" on recruits only hurts when you suck and then see them become successful. for example would we care about Rashad Green had Phil Dorsett put up ryan Broyles numbers? Would we care that we "missed" Joyner had Brandon McGee become the next Pat Pete? Porbably not because then we would say, oh they wouldn't have gotten PT here anyways.

Advertisement
Back