Looking at the latest mock draft's boy have we missed out

ozby19624

Recruit
Premium
Just looking at Mel Kiper's and McShay's first round mock drafts there about 6 or 7 kids that either visited or we strongly recruited and just missed out on. One that comes to mind is the USC WR Lee, that we offered him before most schools even had a clue who he was. Others are obvious Florida talent like Lamarcus Joyner, along with Marcus Robinson (STA), Kelvin Benjamin, and Sammy Watkins. And to make it worse two ex committed players like Teddy Bridgewater and Louis Nix. Most of these guys minus Lee are from Florida and we just couldn't reel them in, just like Jernigan who was all FSU, or Ha Ha Clinton Dix that was all Bama and never considered us. This draft seems packed with all Florida first round talent, and I truly feel the next few years will produce similar 1st round talents so it is time to clean up in this state.

Advertisement
no point dwelling in the past. good luck to the kids in the league except Bridgewater you don't taunt the team you grew up loving and were once committed to like that, no respect.

Advertisement
Lamarcus Joyner never considered the Canes, he saw how horribly we were ran under Randy. Kelvin Benjamin was more of a UF lean then a Miami lean before going to FSU. We're never going to get them all. Not sure what the OP was trying to accomplish here.

Advertisement
Anybody know Khalil Mack's story? He went to Fort Pierce Westwood High School and ended up at U. Buffalo. Top ten prospect this year.

Benjamin was very interested in Miami until admissions told him there was no shot he was going to be admitted with his grades. Somehow FSU got him in but no one initially expected him to qualify. Joyner had no interest and his guardian (uncle?) was a huge FSU homer. Nix and Bridgewater would have been difference makers here. We recruited Roberson and he listed a bit but wanted to go to UF. Losing Watkins was a killer.

I heard Jernigan was all UF until very late in the process when a bagman showed up at his house. Clinton-Dix never showed much interest.

Just looking at Mel Kiper's and McShay's first round mock drafts there about 6 or 7 kids that either visited or we strongly recruited and just missed out on. One that comes to mind is the USC WR Lee, that we offered him before most schools even had a clue who he was. Others are obvious Florida talent like Lamarcus Joyner, along with Marcus Robinson (STA), Kelvin Benjamin, and Sammy Watkins. And to make it worse two ex committed players like Teddy Bridgewater and Louis Nix. Most of these guys minus Lee are from Florida and we just couldn't reel them in, just like Jernigan who was all FSU, or Ha Ha Clinton Dix that was all Bama and never considered us. This draft seems packed with all Florida first round talent, and I truly feel the next few years will produce similar 1st round talents so it is time to clean up in this state.

lee? joyner? Jernigan? dix?
c'mon, we should have held nix, bridgewater and marcus. Watkins never considered us seriously and ft. myers is not south florida.

Advertisement
Funny ppl call you a troll for not posting much, it is stating facts, plain and simple. Not only did we miss on guys, we missed on NFL 1st round talent. I know Lamarcus wasn't about the U nor was Jernigan, but I will say those kids are the minority in Florida that would not consider us at all if we actually developed talent from 2003 to now. And a lot of those kids Visited officially, which whether a free vacay or not, we get a shot to go all out on them. The point is there is no more excuses, no more bs, it is time to deliver. This class is a start, doesn't look full of just potential, it has depth and kids that can play right away. We have had classes lately were kids needed to redshirt and couldn't due to lack of depth. So how about you guys not be judgmental and actually analyze something with some intelligence and realize how close we have been to having some of these kids. Nothing hurt more than losing Nix that year and then we thought it was all good when T Glenn committed but never got in. All I am saying is we need to clean up in florida like I ended it with, and with the kids that due commit we need to improve our enrollment process to not lose kids like Powell.

Advertisement
lee? joyner? Jernigan? dix?
c'mon, we should have held nix, bridgewater and marcus. Watkins never considered us seriously and ft. myers is not south florida.

Joyner was all FSU from the start, but Randy never really went after him when he was at Southwest, which is what a 15 minute drive from campus. This was when Randy was in that period of only 6 foot corners, just like he never offered Ricardo Allen bc he was too small and the guy tore it up in college.

And Watkins did consider us, if I remember correctly he and Dallas were very very close, but he chose and loved Clemson, which is fine, you will always lose some. For example look at this quote: Right now Miami and Clemson are on top," said Watkins, whose summer job is teaching youngsters football fundamentals. "I just like their offense at the schools, the coaches. Coach (Aubrey) Hill was coming here every other week (in the spring), so I liked that. The Clemson coaches the same thing. I went up there, they showed us around, I went to the camp. And I can go there and start right away - at Clemson or Miami."

Last edited:
b/c you are clueless when you talk about some of the kids or what part of florida they are from and why they should be coming to UM. it wouldn't have matter w/ a lot of these kids if we have developed talent from 2003 on. and who officially visited?

All those guys were longshots except Roberson (not recruited hard) and Benjamin (just got outrecruited).

b/c you are clueless when you talk about some of the kids or what part of florida they are from and why they should be coming to UM. it wouldn't have matter w/ a lot of these kids if we have developed talent from 2003 on. and who officially visited?

lol ok I am clueless and you have all the insight...and watkins never considered minus that article from cs which you have been part of also. and Ft. Myers isn't too far, a whole 2 1/2 hrs or 3 at the most from miami on the west coast above naples...but hey who knows geography lol. And why would anyone from there consider miami when his teammate is our backup rb and part of the same class as him. And joyner went to Southwest in Westchester and then transferred to STA, after looking at a bunch of schools. Lee never said he was from Florida, said we were one of the first school on him. And sorry if you misinformed but belle glade hasn't exactly not been Miami territory, we just missed on KBII, our inability to win and develop talent, which goes hand in hand, has caused kids to look elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back