Looking Ahead

Advertisement
Sam and Mack coming back is well, you know. DJ and Lykes though should make us feel warm and fuzzy. Yet late in the 2nd half and they are 0 for 12 from 3point so far as VT is pummeling us in final regular season game. Seen it before too - boggles my mind how hot and cold these 2 are.

As I started off this thread saying, Lykes is of little value if he doesn't make 3's. And 32% (and falling) is not a good 3 pt shooting pct. Sam and Mack returning doesn't excite me at all. If they play a lot next year, we're 5-13 again in the league. They're bench guys, and hopefully "way down the bench" players.

Last edited:
Yeah, you right. Meanwhile Coach L so fed up he has Willie in with over 9 minutes left. Go Willie!

I was more content with Mack early in the season and thought the criticism was overblown. I changed my mind later in the year. Too stiff and lacks awareness. Always defaults outside and to the perimeter instead of mixing it up. Shooting motion is just a line drive shove with no flow whatsoever.

Advertisement
I was more content with Mack early in the season and thought the criticism was overblown. I changed my mind later in the year. Too stiff and lacks awareness. Always defaults outside and to the perimeter instead of mixing it up. Shooting motion is just a line drive shove with no flow whatsoever.

They talked him up like he was some great shooter. He shot 29% from the field, and 28% from 3. You could find chicks in Ted Bundy's basement that could shoot better.

Not sure how factual this is but there’s a rumor going around in HS/AAU coaching circles that Coach L will be stepping down at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Not sure how factual this is but there’s a rumor going around in HS/AAU coaching circles that Coach L will he stepping down at the end of the season.
I would not be surprised either way. These last two seasons would have been rough on any HC. The fact he is not at fault for the FBI rumor mill or Huell'sdisqualifying conduct just makes it harder to deal with.

Advertisement
The ACC is definitely going to a 20 game league schedule. Anyone know when that happens? That'll cut two games off the OOC schedule which is, I think, a VERY good thing for us.

The ACC is definitely going to a 20 game league schedule. Anyone know when that happens? That'll cut two games off the OOC schedule which is, I think, a VERY good thing for us.
starts next season:
for matchups 3 years worth

I haven't heard any rumblings about L but that wouldn't surprise me at all. I know this year has drained him. Anybody with eyes can see it. Team gave what it had, I can respect that. Blew a lot of chances to sneak out wins, just not enough talent to overcome those bad stretches. Miami should be a dream location for grad transfers, top notch school, nba, world class physicians, training, etc. Need to do what Louisville did this past year.

I haven't heard any rumblings about L but that wouldn't surprise me at all. I know this year has drained him. Anybody with eyes can see it. Team gave what it had, I can respect that. Blew a lot of chances to sneak out wins, just not enough talent to overcome those bad stretches. Miami should be a dream location for grad transfers, top notch school, nba, world class physicians, training, etc. Need to do what Louisville did this past year.
We've been saying that since 1985. Just doesn't seem to have gotten through to the top HS recruits. You coulda added great weather, chance for immediate PT, etc.

Advertisement
We've been saying that since 1985. Just doesn't seem to have gotten through to the top HS recruits. You coulda added great weather, chance for immediate PT, etc.
I know, that stigma of being the third wheel program. Need a change I believe, up and down game with some young up and coming coach. Would love for L to stay on in some capacity.

I'd like to see Coach L eventually become the AD. Can't disagree with your point about next coach should be "young and coming," and I'll throw in a dynamic recruiter as well. Can hire an older bench coach to help with game strategy.

Advertisement
Current projected returning roster:
Chris Lykes-PG, DJ Vasiljevic-SG, Kam McGusty-SG, Anthony Mack-SG/SF, Sam Wardeenburg-S4, Deng Gak-PF, Rodney Miller Jr-C

Committed Freshman (Signed NLI).
Isaiah Wong-PG, Anthony Walker-PF

Freshman recruits (actively recruiting who I feel will commit).
Harlond Beverly-SG, Tristan Enaruna-SF

This will leave two scholarships remaining. In my opinion, Miami should sign two grad transfer bigs as that seems to be the weakest links on the roster. Also, Miami plays in Italy in August so Gak will probably not be cleared for contact at that point so Rodney Miller is the lone post player on the roster. This would be the easiest way to complete the roster. Plus, those two scholarships will be available for use with the 2020 recruiting class.

This group will have depth and win 20 plus games as long as everyone improves their level of play and becomes consistent barring any injuries.

However, given that coaches will be fired and some recruits will reopen their recruitment, I would not rush to use the scholarships too soon.

P.S. I know, what about Willie. Willie and Dominic are good kids but they are not scholarship basketball players at the ACC level.

I couldn't agree more with the signing of "two big grad transfers" wish it were as easy as just saying it:)

On some of the rumors about Coach L stepping down, I wonder if the new NCAA-related trials in April will see more wiretaps released (or leaked) and Coach L rumors are springing from the possibility (just a guess, certainly no expectations here) that some compromising comments by him, discussing the camps and tryouts and such as already admitted--- but also MORE ---, could be on said tapes. Hope not true.

Advertisement
Back