Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
View attachment 287768

Espn Sport GIF by SEC Network
But I thought we were a broke-*** program, according to Gator and Nole fans.

Breaking Bad Money GIF

Advertisement
I hate to even try to say this coming off of 5-7 and 7-6 but....

If you're ever going to do this and go for it, it's 2024. Saban gone, Georgia is still elite but they're not what they were in their 2 championship seasons, Ohio State doesn't have an NFL QB, etc.

The 2 teams to beat right now in my eyes is Texas and Oregon. Loaded rosters. But beatable. Get to the playoffs and see what happens.

Especially with Ward. Go all in

Advertisement
I thought before all this that we had 10-11 win potential with a few sports shored up. Def think it’s now Acc champ game and top 15-20.

But in the event everything goes our way and Ward is all we bargained for I can’t wait to hear that 20 million get tossed around everywhere. Because it’s prob not that high and much more in line with what others are spending…but we pay our bills.

Texas done with DT's.

LSU writer also wrote that he feels Barrow is trending away due to schools being in constant contact with him during his OV with better NIL offers. Says he is focused on Texas, Miami and FSU.

CJ West Apparently has awful grades and cant enroll so they cant even bargain bin shop either.

Good news for us on the DT search department. Going to need to hold off USC for Harmon and we should be able to make a good offer to both Harmon and Barrow

Advertisement
Educated/Estimated guesses back to the winter period:
Ward - $1.5M
Clark - $300k
Cook - $200k
Carpenter - $200k
Riley - $150k
Powell - $250k
Poffenbarger - $150k
Alston - $300k

Post Spring Targets:
Martinez - $500k
Brown - $300k
Alderman - $200k
Hill - $200k
Barrow - $750k
Harmon - $750k
Baron - $350k

Winter portal period - $2.85M
Spring portal period - $3.05M
Total - $5.9M

I would guess portal attrition off-sets this number by about $2.5-3.5M range.
It's a lot more than this I think. My friend who is a FSU booster and lawyer for them stated last year they played 9.8 million for their roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back