Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
They cannot win this way, lol. They are literally turning over their entire roster for the 2nd consecutive season with 60% rejects/bench players from other schools. Whatever, good luck.

This kid will end up somewhere good. He should go home to play for KSU honestly.
Early scuttle is KSU or maybe ND

Advertisement
You had me in agreement until the last paragraph. It's not about starters versus back-ups, or someone incoming being better than someone outgoing. It's about quality snaps that will need to be played at the position.

We had 4 LBers with over 360 snaps in the regular season in 2023. Two of them (Cloyd and Flagg) are gone and accounted for 753 regular season snaps. Contributions after those 4 were pretty meager, with Popo getting 143 and Pulliam hitting 90. I expect Popo to step up and get far more snaps as part of our rotation at LBer. But, evening assuming he's ready to take the leap and be a 25+ snap per game guy, we need at least another 25+ snap per game LBer.

Would I love that guy to be better than Cloyd/Flagg? Absolutely. But if he's better right now than Pulliam/Washington/the TF, he's still a take. Is Alderman that guy? I have no idea and leave it to the guys who know LB play.

Mauigoa got 642
Bissainthe got 401
Flagg got 392
Cloyd got 361

So basically I’m expecting Wes to go from the 400s to the 600s in snap count. So from losing the 753 snaps between Flagg/Cloud that’s down to 450 needed. You say Popo and pulliam had a combined 233 already. Well asking for them to JUST get like another 100 each doesn’t sound that crazy to me. Or just another 100 for one, 50 for another, then one of our other young guys steps up for another 50, etc.

I mean maybe if you’re only expecting Wes to get like 500 snaps, not projecting any step forward in snaps for our young guys, then sure we could use a 350 snap guy as a transfer. But again that leads to my point about developing our young LB and why at least one isn’t ready to take legit starting minutes.

I feel you(No Diddy)... and I'm not debating any of that. Just talking about what this thread is about and that's the Portal. They are doing great and the fact that they had the season they had last year and Deion is still getting kids to buy in.
It will be fascinating in 5 years to see the success rates of teams that rely on the portal vs those that cherry-pick a few guys from the portal to supplement high school recruiting.

Advertisement
It will be fascinating in 5 years to see the success rates of teams that rely on the portal vs those that cherry-pick a few guys from the portal to supplement high school recruiting.
why do u have to wait 5 years it has already been proven with teams ith quick turnarounds.

ppl in here get on deion but they double their win total and really shouldve won atleast 2 that they narrowly lost.

Advertisement
I will always be a believer in building your team from HS recruiting and using the portal more so as a band-aid. I think the most success we will see from portal building is what we saw from Michigan St. a couple of seasons ago.

I will always be a believer in building your team from HS recruiting and using the portal more so as a band-aid. I think the most success we will see from portal building is what we saw from Michigan St. a couple of seasons ago.
Washington last year would disagree.

Advertisement
Washington last year would disagree.
So you're going to pick the outlier as your supporting proof rather than looking at the data set as a whole? Guess you never took a statistics class.

Also, no one is saying it can't be done, just that it's not sustainable long-term.

So you're going to pick the outlier as your supporting proof rather than looking at the data set as a whole? Guess you never took a statistics class.
It's one thing to not understand a free agency argument. The statement made was "the most success we will see from building through portal." Guess you never took an English class.

It's one thing to not understand a free agency argument. The statement made was "the most success we will see from building through portal." Guess you never took an English class.
It sounded like you were alluding to his entire post about the best way of building a roster. Maybe speak in complete thoughts.

Also, you are pretty much the only one who doesn't agree on the free agency argument. Everyone else agrees with DMoney. Nothing else to say.

Advertisement
Back