Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement

Take take take. He’s undersized a bit at 270, but he’s explosive. He’s your JHH replacement. He can add 10-15 too.

Saw his highlights seems like he plays DE mostly and not DT. Not sure about JHH replacement but could be a DE we look for in the portal.

Dollar Store Jared Verse judging by his highlights

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Buell is going to be a Colorado Beefalo
Season 22 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I’m not so hot on getting a transfer Lb. Like if we promoted our LB coach to co-DC and live how he’s doing recruiting the position…shoulda’t at least 1 guy be developed by now? Like Bissainthe and Mauigoa are starters. >65% of the time we won’t even have 3 lbs on the field…

This is kinda like WR, except a lil worse imo. Cause at WR there are still a lot of snaps to go around. At LB bringing in this guy is going to significantly impact the snaps younger guys get.

Like if we get this dude he better be bettter than Cloyd. Like he needs to be a legit starter. Otherwise what’s the point in just clogging the room up

You had me in agreement until the last paragraph. It's not about starters versus back-ups, or someone incoming being better than someone outgoing. It's about quality snaps that will need to be played at the position.

We had 4 LBers with over 360 snaps in the regular season in 2023. Two of them (Cloyd and Flagg) are gone and accounted for 753 regular season snaps. Contributions after those 4 were pretty meager, with Popo getting 143 and Pulliam hitting 90. I expect Popo to step up and get far more snaps as part of our rotation at LBer. But, evening assuming he's ready to take the leap and be a 25+ snap per game guy, we need at least another 25+ snap per game LBer.

Would I love that guy to be better than Cloyd/Flagg? Absolutely. But if he's better right now than Pulliam/Washington/the TF, he's still a take. Is Alderman that guy? I have no idea and leave it to the guys who know LB play.

Advertisement

Possible take at center?

I think we were a little spoiled with Matt Lee. Carpenter is an okay replacement that is just not at Lee's level. Unfortunately, I believe that's who we're going to ride with due to other pressing needs on the team. Hopefully, he'll continue to improve over the off season as he adjust to the level of play. He did get better near the end of Spring.

Advertisement
Back