Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
It's not always that black and white. Different player's can impact the game in different ways. You need a significant amount of film on a player to determine if he sucks. For instance Cook might be undersized and struggles in the run game but what if he's a really good 3rd down pass rusher and ends up with 25+ pressures and 5-6 sacks in 2024 while just playing this one role.

Ok.

We’ll revisit this in mid-October when people in the game day board are pulling their *** hairs out of the root because he’s getting mauled by VagTech and Cal’s running game.

Advertisement
Yessir…SEC to SEC you’d have to sit out a year
1713487369617.gif

He's 6'2 300 lbs. Gore is barely 6'0 and 280. Why are we comparing the two?

You cannot believe those stats. The guy looks to be only marginally taller and heavier than Gore. And he didn't make a peep in Spring.

Our DT room consists of JHH, Clark, a injury-prone Horton and the True Freshmen arriving in the summer right now. JHH mentioned Moten on the podcast, but I've so far seen nothing from Moten, Gore or Cook to believe they'll be contributors to a 10-win team. Like RB and DB, we need TWO DTs from the portal IMHO.

Advertisement
I heard @DMoney say roughly 8 in and 12 out on a podcast. I can find the 12 out. Some will be painful ... but their leaving won't fundamentally hurt the team. And we REALLY need 8 guys.

Funny enough, I don't see why we need 2 WRs. But here's what we do need:
1 WR
2 RBs
1 OG
2 DTs
2 DBs
8 total. So if you want to add another WR, LB or DE to that number, then just increase the transfer out count.

Here's the rub. Can we really find 8+ Ins that contribute to a 10-win season? That's a tall order. Looks like we have line of sight for 3-5 of them. The other half I think we're just hoping to land.

Ok.

We’ll revisit this in mid-October when people in the game day board are pulling their *** hairs out of the root because he’s getting mauled by VagTech and Cal’s running game.
He very well might end up sucking but writing him off now is pointless. Wait until the dude actually plays a couple of games before you **** on him. Not every transfer is brought in to be an immediate impact starter which most of our fan base seems to forget. You got to look at it like NFL free agency, teams sign depth guys all the time to short deals. College football does the same, coaches are bringing in player's with 1-2 years left with the sole purpose of them being rotational guys because they lack depth on their roster at that position.

Advertisement
The Rashada thing is funny but it also is why in the coming years the dollars being thrown around will come back to earth. Sure a kid here and there will get major bank. But there are 100+ teams that still won’t win and over time these people are not going to keep spending money when there is no return.

It’s also going to derail careers because some of these kids will get paid and just take their foot off the gas and won’t realize it until it’s to late

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lets see NIL wise and budget wise

Martinez: Expensive
CB: Diyoni Hill- Average
CB: Anthony Johnson- Average
WR: Sam Brown- Above average $

DT: Extremely expensive
Star WR1 (if one shows up): Extremely expensive

Rotational DE: Cheap/no need
"depth" LB: Cheap/ no need

JUST PONY UP SOME MONEY FOR AN ELITE DT IM BEGGING YOU