Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Rumors that Samuel Mpmba is transferring from UGA

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 7.19.38 PM.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know Colorado OL is a joke but that UCLA front 4 when they played Colorado looked like they had 4 first round picks across that front 4..I dont know if this guy was one of the ones wrecking havoc but if he was..someone is going to get a good one.
This dude is a stud poly kid. He’s the DT we need a true nose that splits doubles and sheds 1 on 1 blocks. Hope we can bring him in

Advertisement
We haven't seen him play one game yet in a canes uniform.

You need to watch a 6’0 DT with shorter than needed arms play to know he’s going to struggle against most of our schedule?

Here’s the logic tree.

+ Cook is small, just like Gore.
+ Carpenter, who’s had a rough spring, beat this guy pretty bad when I saw them go head-to-head.
+ If Carpenter is bad, what does that make Cook?

Advertisement
You need to watch a 6’0 DT with shorter than needed arms play to know he’s going to struggle against most of our schedule?

Here’s the logic tree.

+ Carpenter, who’s had a rough spring, beat this guy pretty bad when I saw them go head-to-head.
He's 6'2 300 lbs. Gore is barely 6'0 and 280. Why are we comparing the two?

Here’s the logic tree.

It's not always that black and white. Different player's can impact the game in different ways. You need a significant amount of film on a player to determine if he sucks. For instance Cook might be undersized and struggles in the run game but what if he's a really good 3rd down pass rusher and ends up with 25+ pressures and 5-6 sacks in 2024 while just playing this one role.

Advertisement
Back