Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
I would prefer Williams from TCU, but I would be happy with CJ West from Kent State.

6-2 315
3rd Team All-Mac (this is a bit misleading, because most of the DL selections played EDGE/DE)
Career stats: 110 tackles, 19.5 TFL and 7 sacks
2023 stats: 40 tackles, 7 TFL and 2 sacks

Hometown: La Grange Park, IL
This staff has done well in IL, hopefully there are some connections there to help land him.

Main competition is Michigan. Michigan is returning the 2 starting DT's who were both listed as top 10 returning DT's for 2024 season. Miami provides him with a better path to start.

Sack on Bennett VS Georgia

View attachment 287060

Take West or the Michigan state DT that just hopped in

You think we are building our roster through the portal? We are not FSU or CU that have **** HS classes and rely on the portal heavily. We had two great classes and need to supplement those classes while Mario continues to build.
I didn’t say that. I simply stated that this is the danger of that approach. I fall on the portal to supplement side myself

Advertisement
I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of our current players in the portal yet, we’ve got room to make
We’ve got a lot of dead weight that wouldn’t garner much P4 interest or won’t get the money they think they deserve.

Truth hurts, but they’re going to be in the portal at some point whether they like it or not.

Advertisement
We brought him in 3 months ago and the entire fanbase is begging to upgrade the position.
I think you're confusing random message board pi$$y bulls**t with actual player production.

If you came out of the gates with Thomas Gore as the example then you'd have an argument. That was a stupid pickup considering he's an undersized, multi-year player that takes snaps away from more talented and younger players while probably having the same impact as them.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of our current players in the portal yet, we’ve got room to make
Honestly most of the guys leaving are just for PT reason they all seem to like the program and coaches a lot so I bet a lot are trying to figure out ways to stay .

Advertisement
We’ve got a lot of dead weight that wouldn’t garner much P4 interest or won’t get the money they think they deserve.

Truth hurts, but they’re going to be in the portal at some point whether they like it or not.
I also think a lot could just be graduating then they can enter then. Guys like Balom, Zion, Campbell and Gore are all 6th year seniors. They should have a degree at this point. Kirk is a senior, Dennis and Redding are 5th year juniors, Cam (TE) is IDK at this point, Chase Smith i think is RS Junior. So if some of those guys arent going P4 as you mentioned, might as well get your degree and if you want to play go somewhere as a GT.

Also I am not saying any of the above are or should transfer or even trying to guess, but just based on some of the older guys that is a possibility to shave at least a few more bodies.

Advertisement
I think you're confusing random message board pi$$y bulls**t with actual player production.

If you came out of the gates with Thomas Gore as the example then you'd have an argument. That was a stupid pickup considering he's an undersized, multi-year player that takes snaps away from more talented and younger players while probably having the same impact as them.
The coaches are looking to add a DT. That indicates they are in agreement with the pi$$y board. We have 11 DT they aren't trying to add depth.

The coaches are looking to add a DT. That indicates they are in agreement with the pi$$y board. We have 11 DT they aren't trying to add depth.
Lol we both agree that we need help at DT. But you're correlating needing help at DT position with Marley Cook sucking.

Adding more legit production at DT ≠ Marley Cook being the problem.

We still haven't seen the full portal additions so whatever DT we bring in could be a JHH, Moten, Campbell replacement (or whoever enters). Or an upgrade over someone like Gore / Lichtenstein that was getting way too many snaps at DT.

Advertisement
Back