Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the “danger” of building your roster via portal. The supply of talent better be there. I still hold that balance is the best approach. Outside of the a handful of kids none of these guys are more than depth pieces so far
You think we are building our roster through the portal? We are not FSU or CU that have **** HS classes and rely on the portal heavily. We had two great classes and need to supplement those classes while Mario continues to build.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not seeing impactful players enter the portal for positions of need aside from rb. Which we better land. It’s early but previous trends have shown not to get my hopes up.

Contrary to whatever the **** fsu fans say it is not sustainable to build and maintain via portal. Which is why we need to keep recruiting like we are and continue to recruit them when they are on roster.

I would prefer Williams from TCU, but I would be happy with CJ West from Kent State.

6-2 315
3rd Team All-Mac (this is a bit misleading, because most of the DL selections played EDGE/DE)
Career stats: 110 tackles, 19.5 TFL and 7 sacks
2023 stats: 40 tackles, 7 TFL and 2 sacks

Hometown: La Grange Park, IL
This staff has done well in IL, hopefully there are some connections there to help land him.

Main competition is Michigan. Michigan is returning the 2 starting DT's who were both listed as top 10 returning DT's for 2024 season. Miami provides him with a better path to start.

Sack on Bennett VS Georgia

View attachment 287060

Where's @Paranos these days when you need him? Big bodied gap filling DTs are his thing, no?

... throwing a bone to you @Confidence1000 ... PAUSE

Deen certainly wasn't an impact player and missed time with injury, but our DL as a whole did pretty good despite some lackluster recruiting (20th in YPC defense).

We need more impact guys to be Miami. This is DTU. That is going to be accomplished through recruiting guys like Scott and Blount out of high school, which we struggled with the first full cycle. But I think sometimes we overlook the less exciting moves that helped make our DL adequate over the past two years. That unit hasn't been the reason we've been losing games, even though it was barren when Mario got here.

You're forgetting about Louisville and Rutgers, plus FSU and NC State to some degree.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back