Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Not understanding the whole "still Spring games to be played so more players will jump in" narrative..if a player is going to jump in the portal..do they have to play in their Spring game by rule or something? If not, that seems risky. No way I would play and risk injury.
I think it is because many coach-player talks (i.e. exit interviews, NIL negotiations) are happening after the spring game.

Advertisement
Pate made it seem like all **** was going to break lose this window, but it seems meh so far. I wonder when the shoe will drop
Well if you read this thread you would realize more than half the teams haven't played their Spring Game yet so yeah....

Not understanding the whole "still Spring games to be played so more players will jump in" narrative..if a player is going to jump in the portal..do they have to play in their Spring game by rule or something? If not, that seems risky. No way I would play and risk injury.
Especially proven guys tf is a Spring game to Hampton don't sound right

Advertisement
So far this portal window has been a lot like the eclipse. I was promised chaos and mayhem, but it turns out to be just like any other day.
Mayhem was Caleb Downs, Kadyn Proctor, Walter Nolen, Quinshon Judkins. We have shown that we aren't willing to consistently pursue greatness.

Mayhem was Caleb Downs, Kadyn Proctor, Walter Nolen, Quinshon Judkins. We have shown that we aren't willing to consistently pursue greatness.
So the equivalent of a fender bender on the interstate because of people trying to get in the path from their Airbnb

Advertisement
Caleb had already backchanneled to Ohio State. Proctor same thing back and forth. Nolen maybe. Is Judkins better than Martinez? Debatable.

Caleb had already backchanneled to Ohio State. Proctor same thing back and forth. Nolen maybe. Is Judkins better than Martinez? Debatable.
I'm not saying we would have gotten any of them. I'm saying when they entered we immediately heard we wouldn't pursue.

I’d say Judkins is better because of the home run ability going 0-100 + he did it in a better conference. But they’re both very good backs, top 10 in the nation.

Advertisement
I'm not saying we would have gotten any of them. I'm saying when they entered we immediately heard we wouldn't pursue.
I don't put a whole lot of stock into that. Of the opinion that these top guys have their destination picked out or at the very least, a short list

Advertisement

Mario rn

1713363074905.jpeg

It's still early but the spring portal hype was completely overblown again. Just like most of thought would happen. Definitely some quality starters are available but most of this is typical roster attrition.

It's still early but the spring portal hype was completely overblown again. Just like most of thought would happen. Definitely some quality starters are available but most of this is typical roster attrition.
Josh Pate last night did admit Collectives have done a great job of rallying funds together, but he is cautious about the premature “oh this is a dud of a window” talk. Says he still expects some big names to enter and that with over 50% of spring games still to play + NIL negotiations to occur after that, there’s plenty of time for chaos.

Guess we’ll see, I personally thought it would be bigger but there are players in right now that could certainly help us.

Advertisement
Back