Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement

This is pretty cool.

Cam and this guy watching Antique Roadshow or Murder She wrote after a 4:30 dinner.

1713319329447.gif

So as of right now I'd bet on having heavy interest/potentially landing:
- CJ West, NT, KentSt
- Damien Martinez, RB, OSU
- Anthony Johnson jr, CB, WKU
- Romello Height, EDGE, USC (though I wouldn't)

Seems like some interest in:
- Josh Griffis, EDGE, Tarleton St

Expect to leave:
- Shemar Kirk, WR
- Zion Nelson, OT
- Jonathan Denis, iOL (Think technically still on roster/scholarship)
- Anthony Campbell, DL
- Thomas Gore, DT
- One more DT like Moten or Horton. Hopefully not JHH, but if he left oh well...
- Chase Smith, LB
- Brian Balom, S

And I could probably list like 4 more that wouldn't surprise.

Advertisement
So after day 1 the only real loss that hurts is Kelly

Guys I’d like to see us go after:
Martinez (Oregon state) RB: already scheduled visit

Zamdamela (USC) C: could beef up the interior and still a freshman

Tyler Williams (UGA) WR: recruited him in high school, Florida kid

Taccario Davis (UofA) CB: stud and definitely seems like a pipe dream but he’s a day 1 starter

Jacolby Mathews (8&4) S: will definitely have a lot of suitors as well, but I think the biggest need is an impact starter in the secondary

Advertisement
Pate on his show said that yes the portal has not been as big as he once thought but he does not want to speak too soon. He mentioned that there are still spring games to be played and still sees a couple of big dominoes to fall.

He also said that collectives have done a good job to combat tampering so far.

So basically if you really want that player you are going to have to OVERPAY. Will this cycle be crazy? I feel like he still believes it will but he is hedging on it not being crazy as well so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
So after day 1 the only real loss that hurts is Kelly

Guys I’d like to see us go after:
Martinez (Oregon state) RB: already scheduled visit

Zamdamela (USC) C: could beef up the interior and still a freshman

Tyler Williams (UGA) WR: recruited him in high school, Florida kid

Taccario Davis (UofA) CB: stud and definitely seems like a pipe dream but he’s a day 1 starter

Jacolby Mathews (8&4) S: will definitely have a lot of suitors as well, but I think the biggest need is an impact starter in the secondary
Mathews will end up at FSUck or Oregon. All the other ones seems possible.

Advertisement
Pate on his show said that yes the portal has not been as big as he once thought but he does not want to speak too soon. He mentioned that there are still spring games to be played and still sees a couple of big dominoes to fall.

He also said that collectives have done a good job to combat tampering so far.

So basically if you really want that player you are going to have to OVERPAY. Will this cycle be crazy? I feel like he still believes it will but he is hedging on it not being crazy as well so 🤷🏻‍♂️
Too many idiots on twitter like the Canes Chief dude posting about Omarion Hampton (1 prime example) and tipping off the teams they're trying to leave allowing them to get in front of it and combat it.

Although, UNC and many other spring games are still not until Saturday. I think that is a big part of it. Why they didn't require Spring games to be completed before the portal opened is another thing on the NCAA calendar that makes 0 sense.

Not understanding the whole "still Spring games to be played so more players will jump in" narrative..if a player is going to jump in the portal..do they have to play in their Spring game by rule or something? If not, that seems risky. No way I would play and risk injury.

Not understanding the whole "still Spring games to be played so more players will jump in" narrative..if a player is going to jump in the portal..do they have to play in their Spring game by rule or something? If not, that seems risky. No way I would play and risk injury.
No but NIL re-negotiating and post spring meetings follow the spring game.

I believe it’s more to do with both players and coaches having (a) a clearer picture of where that player “is”, regarding their role on the team and (b) it is a logical end point to this training block where evaluations and changes are being completed and actioned

Advertisement
Back