Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.46.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.47.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 7.47.15 PM.png

Quick updates from the 247 national writers. Seems we are in it for Martinez and Johnson

Advertisement
I think West went to high school with JJ McCarthy. Random tidbit for all you goose****ers.

Advertisement
Not the fireworks we envisioned, but there’s significant upgrades at RB and CB imo in Martinez and Anthony Johnson. We should have a great shot with both contingent on the level of pursuit.

Toledo DT is solid (LSU should be the favorite though imo) and Sam Brown has all the makings of putting up solid WR2 numbers when George has his periodic no-shows. Plus Zandamela would be a nice grab at center. And the Pitt DE Hayes will land somewhere nice.

Obviously we won’t land them all, but there’s a few potential targets. A lot more to come, hopefully.

Advertisement
Part of the problem is some these site play it up like dozens of all Americans and Day 1 picks were going to portal. When in reality. Few have/will but for the most part it’s the quantity that’s unreal. And the majority of these kids will go to a new school and not improve their situation 1 bit…maybe even make it worse. Instead of just working harder or just have 1 more year of patience.

I’m tired of hearing “coaches move.” Yup they do. GA’s making next to nothing move to make more. Assistants love because they want to be a coordinator have to move. Head coaches leave for more money because they were GA’s, asst’s, etc and are now grown men typically 40 or older who have put in the time and moved their families around chasing these opportunities.

Most of these kids will never play a minute of football beyond college. I’m all for compensation and in some cases big ones. But most of these kids have over valued themselves so much that they don’t play, they don’t get an NIL and then they go in the portal and don’t get another chance…and in the end many don’t get a free degree.

The thing with college football and people saying “these kids make the schools millions” isn’t really true. It’s the brand that makes the millions. The faces changed every 3-5 years and the money kept coming in, and now the faces will change even quicker and the money will still keep coming in.

I’ll hop off my soapbox now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back