Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Cut the ***ry. No one in their right mind thinks we had a better season than FSU. I know i would take us over them now though. Which is my fkn point. Everyone is in the portal but yall want us to build the team like Colorado and FSU. No way. I totally disagree with that. We needed a Qb, we got the best one we could get and trying to get other proven players. Show me all these proven elite players FSU, Louisville and Colorado got. Oh and FSU just got put on probation for what they been doing. I know yall would be jerking your meat if it was us, Since we wanna say outrageous things
What proven elite players does Miami have? I'll hang up and listen.

Edit: @Confidence1000 check that last part

Advertisement
There's no evidence that coaches/teams can have prolonged success building primarily through the portal. The jury is still out though because the portal is still fairly new but so far there's been ZERO playoff teams that were portal built and the best heavy portal team ever got destroyed by 60 in a bowl game by a team that was built through traditional recruiting methods. Maybe Mike Norvell can be the first coach to have prolonged success this way. Michigan State fell off a cliff just two years after building their best team in recent history almost completely with transfers. The next team that wins a championship with mostly portal players will be the first.
You’re right but also it would be nice to, like, win the Alamo Bowl and undoubtedly the portal could help us with that.

Advertisement
You’re right but also it would be nice to, like, win the Alamo Bowl and undoubtedly the portal could help us with that.
No doubt. I mean, we just got two quarterbacks from the portal. Nobody is saying not to take transfers. The question is, do you try to build a majority of your roster around transfers? Or do you build longer term by recruiting a majority of your roster from high school? Taking a ton of transfers is a good short term band aid for a team with minimal talent but there’s no examples of teams having long term success by forgoing high school recruits for transfers players.

Now, the portal has only been around for a few years so there’s not enough data to really say you can’t win consistently with transfers. On the other hand, more and more teams are taking advantage of the portal so it’s not as easy to grab star transfers as it was in the past. Remember at one time Manny ruled the portal. Other coaches have caught on. There’s no longer only a handful of P4 programs chasing transfers. Everyone is now.

What proven elite players does Miami have? I'll hang up and listen.

Edit: @Confidence1000 check that last part
Cameron Ward and the DE we brought in are proven players. The DTs we brought in are proven players, especially the player from NC St. Yall cried for weeks about the QB situation. I sat back and watch it and not respond. And see yall here again. Proves that, nothing will ever be good enough

Advertisement
I respect him speaking on it.
It was never about winning what a dumbass that kid is. He pulled the trigger for Bama for “winning”. Where is he living under a **** rock? He must of been an easy pull for Saban. Most kids go to the relationships they built and cash period

Cameron Ward and the DE we brought in are proven players. The DTs we brought in are proven players, especially the player from NC St. Yall cried for weeks about the QB situation. I sat back and watch it and not respond. And see yall here again. Proves that, nothing will ever be good enough
Can't even answer a simple question and you here *****ing. Move around.

It was never about winning what a dumbass that kid is. He pulled the trigger for Bama for “winning”. Where is he living under a **** rock? He must of been an easy pull for Saban. Most kids go to the relationships they built and cash period
Meh that may be true but kids willing to sit at Bama had a lot to do with winning as well

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants to know if actually believe this?

They got a bunch of college kids who haven't put any numbers at their previous schools which leads to the second bolded part to ask who have they gotten that is suppose to be good? Maybe the RB from Bama?
i like their dl an ol pick ups for what they do and dju at qb, i believe the rb is a oslid pickup

1st is Relationships, 2nd is the bag or NIL, then 3rd is winning/ development

I guarantee most of the porsters here think Miami had a better season last year.
I don't think any logical, sane poster thinks that but I'm not sure finishing 7-6 is that much worse than the way FSU finished their season + the fact they lose all of their top-end talent. They were all-in on this year.

Advertisement

VaC1P0Gz0D3NK.gif

Advertisement
Back