Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
No, based on his games played at UGA the last two seasons.

Can you show me the pass rush numbers you’re citing?
Two sacks in 20 plus games and based on his pff rankings from the fsu writers “no
I’m not searching for the exact number”

Attachments

• IMG_4945.jpeg
    IMG_4945.jpeg
    861.9 KB · Views: 0
Two sacks in 20 plus games and based on his pff rankings from the fsu writers “no
I’m not searching for the exact number”

Two sacks in 20 plus games for the best program in the nation; ok.

Do you know how many rushes he had in those 20 games? What about pressures? Do you know how many pressures he converted into sacks?

Advertisement

MJJ is dog**** and thats putting it lightly. Georgias weakness was their pass rush this year in general other than Mykel Williams no one on their DL did **** and im sure most georgia fans will tell you that.

This is a bad hill to die on.

Advertisement

What drives me crazy about the portal is you see guys enter an not even a day later have a visit scheduled. I haven't seen a big name enter and that happen once with Mario besides Ward and Howard and we didn't get either.

What drives me crazy about the portal is you see guys enter an not even a day later have a visit scheduled. I haven't seen a big name enter and that happen once with Mario besides Ward and Howard and we didn't get either.
What drives you nuts about it?

Advertisement
I see what everyone is saying about visits and spots but there is no **** way Mario is going into next season with the CBs and safeties on our roster as the only scholarship players. Lance would be out here so fast if that was actually the plan. There have got to be portal guys coming even if it’s after spring.

I can’t explain the lack of interest in guys like Earl Little unless they are just in love with the young guys on campus.
Earl little doesn’t fit the culture. The me first guys will never be here or last if they do come. FSU team was me first. Georgia wasn’t. That’s the culture you get when you take kids and their families who believe the hype of nerds on a laptop who crown them 5 stars, but they’re nowhere close to it. The truth is we all identified who would be good in the portal that Norvell got. We all wanted Coleman, Verse, Tatum B.

These guys they’ve added this cycle are meh. Just big names because of who their daddies were or overrated stars coming out of HS.

I see what everyone is saying about visits and spots but there is no **** way Mario is going into next season with the CBs and safeties on our roster as the only scholarship players. Lance would be out here so fast if that was actually the plan. There have got to be portal guys coming even if it’s after spring.

I can’t explain the lack of interest in guys like Earl Little unless they are just in love with the young guys on campus.
Yes but Mario is going to do is wait until all the Good DBs are no longer in the portal and reach for some scrubs

It's because FSU tampers whereas Miami is slow to contact in lots of situations.

Not all situations are the same, and yes I'm sure Miami dabbles prior to portal, but Mario cares about "trying to do it the right way" a lot, and I feel like he knows where he is at also. Miami has a microscope, and people won't be slow to rat Miami out.

Little, Brown, Jones Jr. Had their visits to FRee shoes scheduled before they hit the portal. That's how you do work in the portal.

Miami in lots of situations waits until the player is in, then recruits said player against other programs. FSU almost already has the signature when they hit the portal.

If FSU has to recruit said portal player they'd lose out moreso than win.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna start another thread but I had some observations/opinions...I've gotten negged to Bolivia on here lately but fvck it - here goes.

1) I'm really happy with the HS haul we got in the 24 class...how could you not be? The only thing that could have made it better is maybe someone higher ranked at QB than Judd, but he's solid too and could develop well. Over the moon with the HS kids, really.

2) 1 above notwithstanding, the portal has been a massive dud for us this offseason. I know we got some good solid takes that help at positions of need between Cook/Clark at DT, Carpenter at C, and Riley at S...credit where due for those, but whiffing at QB thus far and not going after certain guys that could have been instant impact (Jackson at CB stands out the most for me, Nic Scourton, Peny Boone, Okunlola, etc) is truly disappointing and head-scratching.

3) Given 2, the only way I could possibly even say this is a really good Portal class for us is if we somehow landed either Ward or Tagovailoa at QB, AND Judkins at RB. Past that...******* embarrassing and we should be doing so much better. You revamp our offensive backfield like that, and some of our WRs step up for the new guy at QB...the only thing standing in the way of success next season would be things like Mario/the staff mismanaging gamedays (which we all know is an issue).

We could *possibly* find someone transferring out after Spring at QB or another impact guy that fits us at another position, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Especially for a QB, we need to get our guy here for the Spring to be fully good to go for the Fall. We need to hit the ground running opening up in The Swamp.

Advertisement
Back