Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
Lazy recruiter

Portal is ideal for him, he doesnt have to do anything but toss money around

Theres no relationship building here
Never put recruiting over winning 💯. Look at florida with Mullen vs Napier. Saban vs Kirby. The whole point of recruiting is to win. NFL don't give Dallas trophies for drafting well only college football fans do that SMH. Kiffin is a proven winner same with Dabo, Mich Coach, Iowa coach...just win baby 👶

See this is where the Transfer Portal becomes a massive problem - same with Jahmyr Gibbs a couple of years ago. When established starters on P5 teams are leaving you know it's purely to follow the money.

I still feel sorry for any G5 team that develops an under-recruited player then sees them leave to the P5 the second they get noticed.

Never put recruiting over winning 💯. Look at florida with Mullen vs Napier. Saban vs Kirby. The whole point of recruiting is to win. NFL don't give Dallas trophies for drafting well only college football fans do that SMH. Kiffin is a proven winner same with Dabo, Mich Coach, Iowa coach...just win baby 👶
Kiffin gets his **** pushed in by the teams that do recruit well. That's the point - and you're seeing it in Tallahassee now. You HAVE to recruit and develop your own players for sustained, elite, success.

Kiffin gets his **** pushed in by the teams that do recruit well. That's the point - and you're seeing it in Tallahassee now. You HAVE to recruit and develop your own players for sustained, elite, success.
Ole Miss 10-2 in the SEC. As far as FSU Travis 5yrs at FSU, Benson 2yrs at FSU, Wilson 2yrs, Bethune 2yrs none were big time transfers. Developing and recruiting not the same. Speaking of developing didn't Miami fans give up on CB Porter until this yr same with Flagg same how we doing CB Brown and QB Brown(our Travis) same with Safety room even though only Jaden Harris got a chance to play. We have no room to talk developing as UM fans.

Advertisement
Rhett’s doing a great job

Let’s not get carried away. He’s landed only 10 commits from HS so far ,, 9 3 stars and 1 4 star. Only ACC team doing worse is BC (they love them some Blake James). SMU is in for a big shock once they have an ACC schedule. And Rhett needs to start recruiting or he’s toast.

They’re gonna be a serious team next year.

Rhett also really cares about defense too.
I’m a fan of Lashlee. just don’t see him making the step up to big time football as a HC. Maybe his booster network helps him get there. But second to last in HS recruiting in the ACC isn’t a good start.

This ****boi is doing graphics for decisions now?

Good lord - he's the luckiest person in the world. Minimal talent, but apparently the go-to guy for this world.

He works for On3 so it only makes sense i guess

Advertisement
See this is where the Transfer Portal becomes a massive problem - same with Jahmyr Gibbs a couple of years ago. When established starters on P5 teams are leaving you know it's purely to follow the money.

I still feel sorry for any G5 team that develops an under-recruited player then sees them leave to the P5 the second they get noticed.
Do you feel bad for the G5 coaches when they have a good season and then upgrade to a gig at a big boy conference? To me that’s that whole thing, can’t restrict movement for one and not the other.

Do you feel bad for the G5 coaches when they have a good season and then upgrade to a gig at a big boy conference? To me that’s that whole thing, can’t restrict movement for one and not the other.
I'm not asking for a restriction of movement of anyone. I'm merely empathising.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I won’t call this a miss by the staff, but it was in Miami’s interest to pursue a bit more here.

I don’t think he’s a fully a culture fit here, but you also have McBurrough so….
He always wanted to be at Georgia. We could've rolled out the red carpet, but the second he was given the green light at UGA he was theirs.

Advertisement
Back