Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
The quality WRs are slowly coming off the board, better get this QB situation figured out shortly. That’s all I’ll say.
IMO Mario is not looking at any portal wrs right now only if he can't flip JS will he then turn his attention to them.

IMO Mario is not looking at any portal wrs right now only if he can't flip JS will he then turn his attention to them.
I think that’s a terrible strategy personally, but maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the staff wants a WR1, but they won’t get one unless a QB is committed first. Portal moves faster than HS kids, and relying on High Schoolers to immediately become stars isn’t a very safe bet. You don’t see the Bama’s and UGA’s and Texas’s and LSU’s and Ole Miss’s and Oregon’s and USC’s doing that on offense, they go out and get stud WRs in the portal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think that’s a terrible strategy personally, but maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the staff wants a WR1, but they won’t get one unless a QB is committee first.
If the staff feels JS is better than any of the guys in the portal as of today and they can sell him on coming and starting day 1 in Colby's spot there's really no need for a portal wr with the other 3 studs coming and the current wrs.

If the staff feels JS is better than any of the guys in the portal as of today and they can sell him on coming and starting day 1 in Colby's spot there's really no need for a portal wr with the other 3 studs coming and the current wrs.
That’s a massive “if” in your assumption. JS might be the next Andre Johnson but it took Andre a season or two to get going.

For next year, we need at least 1 portal WR that has performed at a high level against quality competition. JS can contribute, but its unlikely he will be receiver numero uno next year.

That’s a massive “if” in your assumption. JS might be the next Andre Johnson but it took Andre a season or two to get going.

For next year, we need at least 1 portal WR that has performed at a high level against quality competition. JS can contribute, but its unlikely he will be receiver numero uno next year.
Andre had Wayne and Moss starting,with Young leaving JS only has to beat out Horton and the other freshman wrs arriving in this class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crystal Ball for Julian Fleming to Penn State. Guess he left Honda Mccord out to dry in their package deal lol.

From Starting QB for a top 2 team to looking for a spot and your WR leaving you. Cruel World fr

Advertisement
There’s much better players in the portal.

This should be a plan D guy.
OP forgot to mention Gaby basically said hes visiting and its very informal so the staff can get eyes on him. He said hes not even a target at this point. Seems like he's more interested in us than we are in him.

For context Norvell went out of his way to go have lunch with him in Soflo and UF is trying to schedule a visit with him.

Advertisement
Back