Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

Advertisement
I don't think Max Johnson is 10-win type of a QB. Case & point, TAMU.

He played on a team loaded with 5-star talent & never did anything with them, plus he lost his job to a Connor Weigman. Obviously, it wasn't all his fault, because he was playing in Jumbo Fisher's old antiquated Offense, so I don't put that on him.

But the question would be, if we had brought in Max, is he talented enough to elevate what we already have? If the answer is no (which it is) what exactly would he be bringing to the table? A game manager that isn't good enough to put a team on his back & win you more games than your previous starter.

So in that case, all he would really be is a backup insurance policy for Emory like he was for Connor Weigman.
All excellent points, sir!

My thought process was:

1) Better Offensive line
2) Similar Weapons
3) Better offensive Philosophy
4) ACC conference opponents (the top ACC opponents aren’t as good as SEC top 4 opponents. Rest of the conference is similar).

He out up very good numbers with LSU in one season and he was decent after Weigman got hurt last year until facing those top, top teams).

Advertisement
Advertisement

Norvell trying to scoop Samson.

i haven't been very critical of the staff on the trail because they seem to know what they're doing

but what the **** are they waiting for on this? this dude is a difference maker, he's not a scrub and his brother is one of the cornerstones of our offensive line for the years to come and you're going to open a wide *** door for FSU to swing in and take both

Last edited:
i haven't been very critical of the staff on the trail because they seem to know what they're doing

but what the **** are they doing? this dude is a difference maker, he's not a scrub and his brother is one of the cornerstones of our offensive line for the years to come and you're going to open a wide as door for FSU to swing in
I feel like there's more to it than that. I don't think we'd be that short sighted. Probably more related to the tampering thing

Advertisement
nah let someone else take him, we got some firepower in the RB room and in the high school class (+ lyle) that needs to see the field

We do.

However, he's a better version of Parrish and Allen combined.

Not sure we push one of them out for him but he certainly raises the floor in the room.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back