lol

Advertisement
Yea Golden just doesn't seem like the type that would pull a kid's scholly right before national signing day. He probably informed Hollifield that he may need to greyshirt and Hollifield wasn't feeling it. Best of luck to him. I really wanted him in this class but only because of what Jimmy Graham turned into.

I think it was "We will honor your scholarship but we have no idea if you'll ever step on the field here" case

Not sure what's so funny. This kid took a bullet for our class. We all know he was essentially dropped last minute. I feel bad for the kid because the likely reality was he was looking forward to coming here for months.

This. The staff offered this kid a legit ship and then pulled last minute. Nothing is funny about that, Its embarrassing for the kid. I hate when staffs do this. Its part of the business but I really wish we just hadn't offered in the first place.

That's not true. At all. The staff was very open and honest throughout the entire process with the kid and the family, and there is zero ill will between the kid, the HS, and UM. We did nothing wrong. In fact, we did everything right.

Glad to hear it. Either way I don't see the "lulz". He either legitametly choose on his own to go elsewhere ....in which case the quotes from the article are accurate, or he was dropped last minute....

Btw, I know how this was handled with a Shannon recruit last year who was basically told he wasn't wanted. They told him they would honor the offer, but chances weren't good he would see the field, and he'd probably be switched to another position than what he was originally recruited at. So, on further thought I would tend to think Bomb's description of the situation is closer to the truth.

Advertisement
Those that keep saying Hollifield was dropped last minute are just flat out wrong. He had papers on signing day....but just didn't sign them.

I don't know the details in full, I'll ask hollyhood when the smoke clears a bit from signing day...but this wasn't a typical de-commit and sign elsewhere...there was some behind the scenes shenanigans there somewhere. The details are just that, but this doesn't sound like a classic break. Kid doesn't drop down from Miami to UMass without something behind the scenes going on.

Larry, I know Hollyhood personally and I coached at Godby (baseball) and still have friends that coach there. It's just a weird situation but Im 99% certain he had papers on NSD.

Those that keep saying Hollifield was dropped last minute are just flat out wrong. He had papers on signing day....but just didn't sign them.

I don't know the details in full, I'll ask hollyhood when the smoke clears a bit from signing day...but this wasn't a typical de-commit and sign elsewhere...there was some behind the scenes shenanigans there somewhere. The details are just that, but this doesn't sound like a classic break. Kid doesn't drop down from Miami to UMass without something behind the scenes going on.

Larry, I know Hollyhood personally and I coached at Godby (baseball) and still have friends that coach there. It's just a weird situation but Im 99% certain he had papers on NSD.

in this case that is exactly what happened. It was just one of those things (still can't explain what happened because we can't wrap our head around it. Oh he did have papers, he had them FEDEX and they sent them to us through email. Shoot we were on the phone with Miami all NSD, trying to get it done.

But what do I know. WHy do some of you guys still rely on Ferman for your info.

Advertisement
Back