LOL. Blchr Rpt. Guide W 3 - "The Game Your Dad Would Love"

harphong

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Bleacher Report's College Football Ultimate Guide to Week 3 | Bleacher Report

"At one point not long ago, these were the two biggest brands in college football. Times, of course, have changed, but that shouldn’t take away from a) the history in play with a rather unique matchup and b) the urgency both teams have right now to win this game.

Miami did not look fully functional against FAU for much of its game in Week 2. Nebraska, having just beat South Alabama following its crushing loss to BYU in Week 1, is still very much a work in progress with its new head coach. The winner will not vault to the top of the AP Poll like old times, but don’t let that mute your father's enjoyment. (Be a good child and just tell him the last decade has gone as planned.)"

Advertisement
here's another doozy: we are point 3...

First-and-10: Can Urban Meyer's Buckeyes enjoy winning or fall into 2009 Gator trap? | Sporting News

3. The book on the Canes
Let me say this, and let it soak in all its glory: Miami played a Friday night game last week. Against FAU. On the road.

If ever there were a better indication of how far the once great program has fallen, this is it. Think Ohio State would play on Friday? Or Oklahoma, or Florida or Georgia?
Think they’d play on the road against a Group of 5 team in their own backyard? Think they’d be tied at 20 late in the third quarter?

Frankly, it’s embarrassing. And there’s no one to blame but Al Golden.

Make no mistake, Golden walked into a mess at Miami, and it got worse when it was revealed that there was much more to the Hurricanes’ potential NCAA problems than he was led to believe by those who hired him. Then it got worse when the NCAA badly botched the Nevin Shapiro investigation — all while leaving Golden and his program in limbo.

But this team has two significant problems that not only are in direct contrast to the history of the program, but are stealing the very life from it: inconsistent recruiting and a lack of identity.

The most damning statement of all: the Canes haven’t won a conference championship since the ACC voted to add Miami in 2004.

“The difference in talent between the last time they played in the (BCS) championship game (in 2002) and now is remarkable,” said one AFC scout. “If you’re going to recruit in one area in the country, it would be Dade and Broward (counties). I don’t know how they’re not winning big.”

They’re not the bad boys of college football like they were in the 80s and 90s. They’re not even the 21st Century Canes of the early 2000s, who ignored bravado and simply pounded you into submission with sheer talent.

They’re just there. They’re a program that shows up to play, and if everything goes right, they have a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Sort of like what happened last weekend against FAU.

This week begins a brutal stretch of five games that not only will dictate the season, but likely decide if Golden is still around in 2016. It starts with a home game against Nebraska, and then games at Cincinnati, at Florida State, home games against Virginia Tech and Clemson, and at Duke.

Nowhere on that list of six games can you check automatic win.

Advertisement
Lol at the article above slamming us for playing on a Friday. Doesn't FSU play this Friday?

I think Michigan State played AT Western Michigan. And on a Friday.

The road game against FAU is not an issue ...

Lol at the article above slamming us for playing on a Friday. Doesn't FSU play this Friday?

Other than that one mistate, I agree with everything else in the story. UM is on life support, a once-high-visibility brand that is on the verge of collapse.

- CAT5 Cane

Advertisement
The Friday game at FAU was sheer respect to Howard. I have no issue at all with that, and obviously if the people writing that article had any idea then they would understand.

Now as far as us being irrelevant, hoping everything goes right to have a chance in the 4th quarter, bad/inconsistent recruiting, no identity, upcoming schedule, no guaranteed wins in the next 6 games, etc.. On point.

Please God just let these next 6 games run Golden out of town before it's too late. Can't take another year of this misery.

Miami is like Hulk Hogan circa 2015 hobbling into the ring, popping his shoulder out of socket as he tries to rip off his shirt, then breaking his hip as tries to land the big leg.

It's really sad what Golden has done to this team. On a different note is Mark Hockman the greatest Al Golden (560 exam) cheerleader out there

Advertisement
here's another doozy: we are point 3...

First-and-10: Can Urban Meyer's Buckeyes enjoy winning or fall into 2009 Gator trap? | Sporting News

3. The book on the Canes
Let me say this, and let it soak in all its glory: Miami played a Friday night game last week. Against FAU. On the road.

If ever there were a better indication of how far the once great program has fallen, this is it. Think Ohio State would play on Friday? Or Oklahoma, or Florida or Georgia?
Think they’d play on the road against a Group of 5 team in their own backyard? Think they’d be tied at 20 late in the third quarter?

Frankly, it’s embarrassing. And there’s no one to blame but Al Golden.

Make no mistake, Golden walked into a mess at Miami, and it got worse when it was revealed that there was much more to the Hurricanes’ potential NCAA problems than he was led to believe by those who hired him. Then it got worse when the NCAA badly botched the Nevin Shapiro investigation — all while leaving Golden and his program in limbo.

But this team has two significant problems that not only are in direct contrast to the history of the program, but are stealing the very life from it: inconsistent recruiting and a lack of identity.

The most damning statement of all: the Canes haven’t won a conference championship since the ACC voted to add Miami in 2004.

“The difference in talent between the last time they played in the (BCS) championship game (in 2002) and now is remarkable,” said one AFC scout. “If you’re going to recruit in one area in the country, it would be Dade and Broward (counties). I don’t know how they’re not winning big.”

They’re not the bad boys of college football like they were in the 80s and 90s. They’re not even the 21st Century Canes of the early 2000s, who ignored bravado and simply pounded you into submission with sheer talent.

They’re just there. They’re a program that shows up to play, and if everything goes right, they have a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Sort of like what happened last weekend against FAU.

This week begins a brutal stretch of five games that not only will dictate the season, but likely decide if Golden is still around in 2016. It starts with a home game against Nebraska, and then games at Cincinnati, at Florida State, home games against Virginia Tech and Clemson, and at Duke.

Nowhere on that list of six games can you check automatic win.

It's a joke when outsiders say we have no talent without even knowing we had 8 players drafted last year and 6 wins! Talent is NOT the issue. Everything else is. No stadium, average facilities (at best), lack of administrative support, a weak AD, lack of funding, but most of all is awful coaching on little things like technique, schemes that neutralize our talent, and terrible game day coaching and lack of adjustments. The good new is that the right coach can and will overcome all of these things and win with great schemes, coaching, and sheer talent. Dumb article.

The Friday game at FAU was sheer respect to Howard. I have no issue at all with that, and obviously if the people writing that article had any idea then they would understand.

Now as far as us being irrelevant, hoping everything goes right to have a chance in the 4th quarter, bad/inconsistent recruiting, no identity, upcoming schedule, no guaranteed wins in the next 6 games, etc.. On point.

Please God just let these next 6 games run Golden out of town before it's too late. Can't take another year of this misery.
I thought I read where we are discussing with FAU to continue the series.

Anyone else hear that?

Advertisement
After another collapse that will happen this year, I don't think the administration has any choice but to make a big splash with the next hire. As previously said, this once proud program is on the verge of being a complete afterthought.

Cane[]_[]DigIt;2287864 said:
After another collapse that will happen this year, I don't think the administration has any choice but to make a big splash with the next hire. As previously said, this once proud program is on the verge of being a complete afterthought.

Too late on that afterthought part. The few people that care are on these forums, and the BOT is dismissive of us.

Butch is the answer, but the BOT doesn't understand the question.

So, if Al goes 3-3 in that six-game stretch with one of those losses being to FSU, does the BOT finally (finally!) pull the trigger? 0-5 vs. FSU. That is unforgivable.

Advertisement
Back