LOL. Bama hires

Advertisement
So does this mean we should hire Al Golden to coach TE's? He was such a good TE coach for them that they made him a LB coach.

That makes absolutely 0 sense. You said yourself that Golden was a bad TE coach. So why would we hire him to coach TEs?
Flood was a poor HC, but a great OL coach and that is why he is an OL coach at Bama. It would be like once Gruden gets fired. No one would question bringing him in as the QB coach.

That makes absolutely 0 sense. You said yourself that Golden was a bad TE coach. So why would we hire him to coach TEs?
Flood was a poor HC, but a great OL coach and that is why he is an OL coach at Bama. It would be like once Gruden gets fired. No one would question bringing him in as the QB coach.

I wasn't being sarcastic. They liked him as a positional coach and their LB's sucked, so they moved him there since he did a good job as LB coach in his previous stops.

Are you seriously trying to compare Butch Barry who was CMUs OL coach to Kyle Flood who was an OL coach for Rutgers, OC for rutgers, and then HC for Rutgers and somehow won 8 games at Rutgers while in the B1G? The man was not a good HC and was fired and that is why he spent less than 2 years as an assistant OL coach in the NFL.

I think he is trying to.

I wasn't being sarcastic. They liked him as a positional coach and their LB's sucked, so they moved him there since he did a good job as LB coach in his previous stops.

I am so used to arguing with you, I just assumed you were being sarcastic LOL. Exactly. Just because someone fails as a HC. That does not make them a bad position coach.

Advertisement
View attachment 77527

Got a great set of **** though.
Is that Chuck Amato reincarnate?

a2368.jpg

You all way too uptight. Obviously I don't have any way to judge the oline coaching of either guy. Just laughing at the asst. oline mopes.

As an aside, I can't imagine what Floods HC background had to do with oline coaching

Advertisement
Advertisement
but a great OL coach and that is why he is an OL coach at Bama

I think you're being very generous with the term great. Doesn't his Rutgers OL still hold the NCAA record for the most sacks allowed? There is a reason this hire is being met with alot of disappointment from Bama people all over. That doesn't include the fact that Flood is a giant POS.

I think you're being very generous with the term great. Doesn't his Rutgers OL still hold the NCAA record for the most sacks allowed? There is a reason this hire is being met with alot of disappointment from Bama people all over. That doesn't include the fact that Flood is a giant POS.

Who cares if hes a POS? POS are usually the best coaches. Saban and Meyer are both MASSIVE POSs.

As per the sack record the OL looked great in the beginning of the season and they even beat the big east champs. However, once Legrand was paralyzed the entire team checked out and it showed. They didn't win another game after that. That is more a mark against Schiano for not being able to get his team motivated to play.

Advertisement
Who cares if hes a POS? POS are usually the best coaches. Saban and Meyer are both MASSIVE POSs.

As per the sack record the OL looked great in the beginning of the season and they even beat the big east champs. However, once Legrand was paralyzed the entire team checked out and it showed. They didn't win another game after that. That is more a mark against Schiano for not being able to get his team motivated to play.

You have to be trolling right? right? Buddy you don't go from looking great to the historically worst unit around because you were moping for half the season. Legrand got hurt late in the fourth qtr and I'm sure Rutgers had already given up 6/7 sacks a service academy school. Not to mention they had already been giving up a crap load of sacks to the teams they played before Army. Also Flood was in charge of that unit for five years before that to act like he didn't have any culpability in HIS unit playing like dog ***** the final six games is ridiculous. I guess it was Jr fault the QB room was garbage last year it was all Mark fault for not keeping the QB focused smh.

You have to be trolling right? right? Buddy you don't go from looking great to the historically worst unit around because you were moping for half the season. Legrand got hurt late in the fourth qtr and I'm sure Rutgers had already given up 6/7 sacks a service academy school. Not to mention they had already been giving up a crap load of sacks to the teams they played before Army. Also Flood was in charge of that unit for five years before that to act like he didn't have any culpability in HIS unit playing like dog ***** the final six games is ridiculous. I guess it was Jr fault the QB room was garbage last year it was all Mark fault for not keeping the QB focused smh.

What are you blathering about in the last sentence? I guess according to you Mark Richt must be a TERRIBLE QB coach because our QB unit was godawful his last season at Miami. They did give up sacks, but they wouldn't have even been close to the record had Legrand not gotten injured. Did you not watch ESPN at all in 2010? Every other story was about Legrand and how the team fell apart after his injury. It also didn't help that they had their starting QB was injured and they had old Stone Feet Chas Dodd as a true freshman starting.

But I guess you know more than Saban does and thinks that because he had one bad year as an OL coach which had numerous other factors AND he wasn't just the OL coach that year. He was the OC and AHC that season as well.

Advertisement
Back