Logistics question for upcoming VT game

“That’s how the canes used to do it back in my day in the 80s. no excuses. Show up and beat their ***. I don’t care if the flight is delayed and we get there at 11:58. They better score 60 and hold them to 3. Better not lose the ******* coin toss either it sets the tone”

Do I fit in with others on this board yet?
Nope you didn’t reference Butch

Advertisement
Yeah, catching Delta flight leaving Miami at 8:10 Saturday morning. Will bus directly to stadium.

Advertisement
LoL.....some sensitive pansies.
wasn’t certain with covid what they were doing. All road games have been at night this season and team has left the morning of.

Anyway, shouldn’t be a secret then who travels and who doesn’t. For the gambler in the room.

Advertisement
If we had a real coach and AD, we would leave at about 10:00am from MIA in full pads, and the kids would simultaneously parachute from the charter into Lane Stadium, where Sebastian would spray each one with a fire extinguisher/smoke as they landed. FIRE BLAKE FIRE MANNY!!!!
This would be amazing! Hopefully we would be wearing our 'fatigue' themed jerseys for the game... oh and of course with black socks, shoes and visor!

GO CANES!

wasn’t certain with covid what they were doing. All road games have been at night this season and team has left the morning of.

Anyway, shouldn’t be a secret then who travels and who doesn’t. For the gambler in the room.
Wrong

Advertisement
Does anyone know if the team will travel out Friday night or Saturday morning? I ask the obvious being that it's a Noon game and first time this season the school/team is faced with the this travel decision.
Sure let’s fly out Saturday morning and arrive 2-3 hours before kickoff. Makes a lot of sense. Mother of God....

Idk if you know this but noon isn’t categorized as a night game and no the team has not left the morning of when they have had night games this year.

Advertisement
Its always day before around noon. Even when the game is a home game the team goes to a hotel. As such they will fly out Friday around 12-1 and check into a hotel in either Christiansburg or Bleaksburg (you can always tell when your close to Blacksburg, cold, dark ugly clouds, and rain). Almost all teams follow the same pattern. It allows them to settle in, takes care of any late flights, and helps them get their head right and game plan.
Away teams for tech games always stay in the Sheraton Hotel in Roanoke right beside the airport ... Cool story I walked out of the ******* there years back and ran right into Deon Bush .. It was awesome

Advertisement
Back