Logistics question for upcoming VT game

561Cane

All ACC
Premium
Does anyone know if the team will travel out Friday night or Saturday morning? I ask the obvious being that it's a Noon game and first time this season the school/team is faced with the this travel decision.

Advertisement
Its always day before around noon. Even when the game is a home game the team goes to a hotel. As such they will fly out Friday around 12-1 and check into a hotel in either Christiansburg or Bleaksburg (you can always tell when your close to Blacksburg, cold, dark ugly clouds, and rain). Almost all teams follow the same pattern. It allows them to settle in, takes care of any late flights, and helps them get their head right and game plan.

Advertisement
1605015098994.gif

this is one of the dumber questions I've read here. even if they play fsu or uf they fly out the day before the game. as already said, they stay in a hotel the night before home games. you leave the day before the game for so many obvious reasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They can fly out fully padded helmet on ready to go morning of.. Saves on hotel cost and keeps guys focused on flight..

If we had a real coach and AD, we would leave at about 10:00am from MIA in full pads, and the kids would simultaneously parachute from the charter into Lane Stadium, where Sebastian would spray each one with a fire extinguisher/smoke as they landed. FIRE BLAKE FIRE MANNY!!!!

Does anyone know if the team will travel out Friday night or Saturday morning? I ask the obvious being that it's a Noon game and first time this season the school/team is faced with the this travel decision.
:stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand::stephenahand:

Advertisement
we fly out at 8 am. get to blacksburg at 1150 am, coin flip at noon
“That’s how the canes used to do it back in my day in the 80s. no excuses. Show up and beat their ***. I don’t care if the flight is delayed and we get there at 11:58. They better score 60 and hold them to 3. Better not lose the ******* coin toss either it sets the tone”

Do I fit in with others on this board yet?

Advertisement
Back