2023 Logan Howland OL

Mans threw up the Wu-Tang W...
Best Racial Draft GIFs | Gfycat

Advertisement
I trust this staff's decisions, but this kid looks like a regular sized basketball player. He's tall but he'd have to put on 50lbs to get to 300lbs. I will still say they need to be no less than 285lbs in hs and 290lbs when they check in at the U at minimum. No lineman that plays between the tackles should be less than 315lbs IMO. Powerful and heavy AF.
I’d rather a kid who’s 6-6 6-7 265 over a fat slob he’s fine. Kids gain weight

I think far and away the least appreciated attribute for an O-lineman is footwork. Everyone is so caught up in size and I recognize that a certain amount of size is necessary. But size lacks value if the player can't move. This young man has great feet and picks up his knees very well. That is hard to do but especially in the 270 lb range.
I have not seen a second of this kid's video but that puts me in the same place as many people who are doubting him because of his size. But I am impressed with his footwork. That is uncommon.

I think far and away the least appreciated attribute for an O-lineman is footwork. Everyone is so caught up in size and I recognize that a certain amount of size is necessary. But size lacks value if the player can't move. This young man has great feet and picks up his knees very well. That is hard to do but especially in the 270 lb range.
I have not seen a second of this kid's video but that puts me in the same place as many people who are doubting him because of his size. But I am impressed with his footwork. That is uncommon.
Foot and hand

Advertisement
Is this kid still visiting tomorrow? Another high upside guy, former TE that has made the switch to OT and is being chased by Iowa, Michigan, and Oklahoma (3 pretty **** good OL evaluators) in addition to us. He is OV'ing to all of them as well.

With one project in the fold at OT, and chasing several bigger fish..we probably have cooled off some but I think this kid can be pretty good in the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IF we get Samson and Francis big "IF" does this guy get left? We already have Frankie and Freeling is still possible.

Advertisement
LOOOGAN HOOOOWLAND... Sounds like a hogmollie. Take on name alone. Will always think of Wolverine when I hear his name now.

I trust this staff's decisions, but this kid looks like a regular sized basketball player. He's tall but he'd have to put on 50lbs to get to 300lbs. I will still say they need to be no less than 285lbs in hs and 290lbs when they check in at the U at minimum. No lineman that plays between the tackles should be less than 315lbs IMO. Powerful and heavy AF.
1950 NFL champs, Chicago Bears, average OL weight 190lbs.

Advertisement
Wow, I thought Bedenbaugh was at USC with Lincoln Riley.

Huge recruiting win for the school and Dabo Jr!

That dude is one of the best in the business (college or pro)

Advertisement
Back