2023 Logan Howland OL

I trust this staff's decisions, but this kid looks like a regular sized basketball player. He's tall but he'd have to put on 50lbs to get to 300lbs. I will still say they need to be no less than 285lbs in hs and 290lbs when they check in at the U at minimum. No lineman that plays between the tackles should be less than 315lbs IMO. Powerful and heavy AF.

Advertisement
I trust this staff's decisions, but this kid looks like a regular sized basketball player. He's tall but he'd have to put on 50lbs to get to 300lbs. I will still say they need to be no less than 285lbs in hs and 290lbs when they check in at the U at minimum. No lineman that plays between the tackles should be less than 315lbs IMO. Powerful and heavy AF.
Ok

That weight in 247 could’ve been months ago.

Advertisement
Some kids will blow up with ease.. Kid is 6'7, that is a frame that will easily put on weight. He says he is 6'7 265 and still in junior year.. He still has over a year before on campus..

How big was Zion??? There are lots of cases of players coming out lighter (more athletic) then adding weight. Wisconsin has done this for years and guys are ready to play as RS So at their perfect weight.

We have had multiple players who were TEs turned into not just good college players but pro bowl NFL OL. U cant teach quickness and quick feet and OL for me is one position where recruiting services cannot match expert OL scout and talent developers. We have recruited plenty of players with prototypical looking measureables and they couldn't play at this level. If a guy is tall putting on 30, 40, 50 pounds is really not something drastic. 2 offseasons and they will be fine. Armella was getting dog walked by Kelly, yet sites have him as a 5 star. Feet. Watch the feet.

Advertisement
Whatever floats your boats . . . if kid has some ***, weight won't be an issue. If kid has no ***, he is gonna get steamrolled on the line as a top heavy big guy.

Advertisement
We don't need o-line man to come in and play day 1 so this whole weight discussion to me is pointless. Get them here and put on the weight the right way. I mean look at that dam kid with the jump rope. Kid has great feet and it also shows he has stamina.
Correct. Jump rope shows you have decent footwork and overall coordination. If his film checks out that's a solid developmental take. If he's 273 right now he'd show up in the Gables at 280+ with the proper athleticism.

We don't need o-line man to come in and play day 1 so this whole weight discussion to me is pointless. Get them here and put on the weight the right way. I mean look at that dam kid with the jump rope. Kid has great feet and it also shows he has stamina.
Yup, once this thing gets rolling Oline and Dline players (unless top blue chip freaks) will be sitting for 2/3 years getting their bodies right to fight in the trenches

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back