2025 Logan Brooking 4* TE from GA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was talking to a Georgia HS coach last week and he mentioned something like all of these guys that are high school basketball type frames - 6'3-6-6 210-225 ish... used to be good Georgia HS hoopers that didn't focus on football until they found out they weren't tall enough to play basketball in college. They go under the radar and then end up playing defensive end, OLB, maybe even MLB. Georgia HS football used to breed these types.

Now there's a shift to offensive focus and these kids are coming out and blossoming early because they now have a place for them on offense.. Tight End. 5,6,7+ years ago all of these kids would be headed to UGA, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, and even smaller schools to play on the defensive line. Now there's a surplus of TEs and you're starting to see a shortage in DEs and OLBs in Georgia (compared to past years). Not really having that "problem" in south florida yet. TEs are still just big receivers down here and guys still love playing DL and OLB.

He threw out a few names that probably would have ended up as TEs in HS if they featured the position then like they do now.. Lorenzo Carter (far from underrated but in that mold), Davin Bellamy (Georgia), Darryl Johnson (NC A&T now on 49ers), DeAngelo Malone (WKU to the Falcons), Jordan Smith (UF-UAB-Jaguars). Pretty long list of guys.

Advertisement
What are his SFL ties?

His mother was born in Dade County and his grandparents live down in Homestead. That’s where the 6-foot-4, 220-pounder was headed after taking in Miami’s 48-33 win over Texas A&M on Saturday.

“I’m extremely familiar with South Florida,” Brooking told InsideTheU following the game. “I’m here three or four times a year hanging out with my grandparents and I’ve been in South Florida pretty much my whole life, so I’m very comfortable here.”

Also some **** good defensive stats.

As a junior, Brooking caught 25 passes for 373 yards and a touchdown on offense. Defensively, totaled 66 tackles (15 tackles for loss), 12 sacks, nine quarterback hurries and a forced fumble.

Was talking to a Georgia HS coach last week and he mentioned something like all of these guys that are high school basketball type frames - 6'3-6-6 210-225 ish... used to be good Georgia HS hoopers that didn't focus on football until they found out they weren't tall enough to play basketball in college. They go under the radar and then end up playing defensive end, OLB, maybe even MLB. Georgia HS football used to breed these types.

Now there's a shift to offensive focus and these kids are coming out and blossoming early because they now have a place for them on offense.. Tight End. 5,6,7+ years ago all of these kids would be headed to UGA, Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, and even smaller schools to play on the defensive line. Now there's a surplus of TEs and you're starting to see a shortage in DEs and OLBs in Georgia (compared to past years). Not really having that "problem" in south florida yet. TEs are still just big receivers down here and guys still love playing DL and OLB.

He threw out a few names that probably would have ended up as TEs in HS if they featured the position then like they do now.. Lorenzo Carter (far from underrated but in that mold), Davin Bellamy (Georgia), Darryl Johnson (NC A&T now on 49ers), DeAngelo Malone (WKU to the Falcons), Jordan Smith (UF-UAB-Jaguars). Pretty long list of guys.
David Pollack is another one

Advertisement
Georgia has made its way as as a top 5 recruiting state. Not just Atlanta either.
Some coaches think it is number 1 because the kids are well coached and developed. Talent, smarts, S&C, etc. are top notch. More size in Georgia than in Florida and still elite athletes.

I definitely think Georgia has surpassed California. It's Florida, Texas, and Georgia. California is a solid 4. Louisiana is probably 5. Then New Jersey, Ohio, Maryland/Virginia (DMV in general), and Arizona.

Some coaches think it is number 1 because the kids are well coached and developed. Talent, smarts, S&C, etc. are top notch. More size in Georgia than in Florida and still elite athletes.

I definitely think Georgia has surpassed California. It's Florida, Texas, and Georgia. California is a solid 4. Louisiana is probably 5. Then New Jersey, Ohio, Maryland/Virginia (DMV in general), and Arizona.
Louisiana is the best per capita. California is great for Trinity League, IE, and Concord-Antioch. Per capita it doesn't compare to the others.

Georgia has made its way as as a top 5 recruiting state. Not just Atlanta either.
Yea, we got good kids all over the state. We got some great kids in the cities, but a lot of our "boy dogs" are found in the smaller rural areas. Clemson, F$U, Auburn, Bama, USCe, UK, and Tennessee, has been mining those areas for decades.

Advertisement
Dad is Keith Brooking and those defensive statistics... kid should be playing DE/OLB.
Came into say i dont want him on offense.

His dad was a beast when iw as a kid....and he looks to have alot of the same traits..**** they look just alike.

Now he lives int he low country so slow life he is use to and it appears what keith and his family want but i would work the grandparents angle...and his comfortability being odwn here..he should be a defensive priority in my mind.

Not sure what they're putting in the water in GA, but Logan is yet another TE we're recruiting from that state. Visited for the A&M game
Cost of living + football culture + competition.

Advertisement
Back