Lockhart to the U!!!!!!!

Advertisement
22.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
where did this come from? didn't he just announce for Va Tech a few days ago? if true, great news.

He had been commited to Va Tech for a while now. His mom wanted him @ VaTech. She was the plug. Coach Golden read the situation accurately, went back and reclosed on the mom. She signed off on UM and the kid changed his commitment.

Advertisement
We're going to do damage this year[/Q
I say 8 wins max and if some of those JRS would have returned like B Wash, Vernon, Streeter i would have said 10 wins I'll go with 7-5 with a bowl win solid 8 wins. 2013 I think Golden makes a serious run at a ACC title.

Congrats on the pickup, Canes. This one hurts. Reviewing film, Lockhart was my favorite VT recruit from last year and took the sting away from missing out on WRs like Brandon Jennings and to a lesser extent Dominique Terrell. He looked like a better prospect than both, certainly Terrell, and a guy who could contribute once he made it to campus.

Lockhart's a stud. Our coaching staff was very expecting big things from him, and he had a very good chance to be our #1 WR by his sophomore year.

We should have some fun south Florida Lockhart v. Donaldven Manning battles a couple years down the road.

Congrats on the pickup, Canes. This one hurts. Reviewing film, Lockhart was my favorite VT recruit from last year and took the sting away from missing out on WRs like Brandon Jennings and to a lesser extent Dominique Terrell. He looked like a better prospect than both, certainly Terrell, and a guy who could contribute once he made it to campus.

Lockhart's a stud. Our coaching staff was very expecting big things from him, and he had a very good chance to be our #1 WR by his sophomore year.

We should have some fun south Florida Lockhart v. Donaldven Manning battles a couple years down the road.

what part of lockhart's game do you like?
i haven't seen any film of him.

Advertisement
That's ok Dante, VT's QBs suck throwing the ball anyway. Would have been a wasted talent up there....

what part of lockhart's game do you like?
i haven't seen any film of him.

Strengths...
1 - Athleticism...FUMA coach Shuman compared him favorably to former Clemson WR Jacoby Ford. He doesn't have Ford's top-line speed but has plenty enough. Lockhart has shown the ability to correctly time jump balls and shows the ability to extend himself to make some spectacular diving catches. Granted, all I've seen are highlight clips of him, but his film compares far more favorably to other VT WR recruits (not so much our commits). Lockhart's slippery. He's not shifty but has shown the ability to make defenders miss in tight spaces.
2 - Return skills...you guys get more skill players with more top-line speed, so I'm assuming you will have options at punt returner. I thought Lockhart would have been a great candidate at punt returner for us given his speed, wiggle, and vision. He reminds me a little of Jayron Hosley returning punts without some of the decision making issues Hosley had.
3 - Polished for his age...Lockhart seems more polished in terms of route running and downfield blocking. Some of the footage I've seen show plays of him making downfield blocks. How often do you see this included in clips?
He would not have redshirted at VT this season despite the fact we have three seniors, a junior, and a promising sophomore. Lockhart should be able to contribute earlier in his career.

That's ok Dante, VT's QBs suck throwing the ball anyway. Would have been a wasted talent up there....

Logan Thomas will change that impression; he has the ceiling to eventually be a first round draft pick. If Beamer/Stiney/O'Cain would have played advantages in the Sugar Bowl, LT could have thrown for over 300 yards.

Post-LT era, which would have been Lockhart's 3rd and 4th year, would have been uncertain. Hopefully, we land Bucky Hodges in 2013.

Advertisement
Back