Local media coverage.

canecountry3

Senior
Has been horrible. These "journalists" have unprecedented (compared to recent history) access to Miami, able to view the entirety of most practices. Their practice reports are basically the same across multiple papers, focusing on jersey colors and all have the same quotes.

There is painfully little analysis of performance - when there is a **** QB battle going on - and hardly any substance. Just pictures of players waiting in line for drills and snippets of video showing a QB passing (to whom and whether it was successful, who knows).

Porter, Degnan, Chirinos... Horrible.

Barry Jackson is the only one that seems to have any actual sources within the program.

Advertisement
Don't think they're permitted to write many specifics about practices. Think practices are closed beginning Monday as prep for L'ville begins next week.

Not sure how much of practice they get to see. But sadly, most aren't equipped to do any serious evaluation or analysis.

Matt Porter does a good job for the most part. Miami is a town that doesn't drool over their teams like other cities with their homer writers. Miami is a get what you deserve town and have been irrelevant for a decade whether we like it or not. With that being said, the media will be extra critical and cautious at the same time

I'll say it again: Cristina DeNicola, Fox Sports Florida. Local product from CGHS and The []_[]. She won't mess with her access by spreading rumors, but tries to feature the players first and foremost.

Advertisement
I have noticed through the last few years, Miami media only write decent articles when it's some negative bs. They don't/won't ask any tough questions and when they are asking questions its like come from a 5th grader. I really believe they are afraid of UM pulling their access or something.

Itu has had the best coverage of camp with their live threads and analysis....

Advertisement
Instead of devolving into yet another **** tossing thread, maybe we can help the local yokels out.

I have a sneaking suspicion that one or more of the Cane beat writers may take a peak at the site, so why don't we help them out by posting some questions we'd like to see them ask the coaches. Who knows, as interesting as what color jersey Kirby is wearing today is, maybe we could influence them to ask about other aspects of our team....

I'll start: Coach (Golden), there have been rumors about the possibility of other player(s) being disciplined for the UL game. Comment on that? Specifically AQM coach, can you confirm that he will be in uniform for the opener against UL? Thanks.

Awful local media, awful thread and an awful OP. Not surprised.

i-will-find-you-and-i-will-kill-you-gif.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back