Local 4-star DE Anderson feels the hometown pull to UM

View as article
Wow, what a creative and witty response. Unfortunately for you, I don't care what "No Fly Zone" on an internet message board says or should think I say. Good one though, bud. Also not new, just had to make a new account because I hadn't used my old one for a while and didn't know the login info. That's nice you tagged your team of internet warriors but nobody cares, and i mean that respectfully. Godspeed my friend.

Oh, man!

You don't want TrumpyCane on your *** . . . that's worser than death . . . by Ru-Ru . . .

Advertisement
Trivia and comparison question for the old timers....

Who was the last undersized edge rusher we took from Homestead? How does this kid compare to him? The kid I am referring to ended up being pretty productive for us before he left UM too.

Obviously potential is there with this kid, but if he is LISTED at 6’3 205 then that means there is a 99% chance he is atleast an inch shorter and 10 pounds lighter lol. For the people who have seen this kid up close, how big can he truly get? Is the frame there atleast to pack on weight? Good thing is we probably won’t need him to play immediately so he will have time to do so.
Marcus"You've got to have faith" Robinson

Robinson would’ve done work in this system too lol. He was more physically gifted than this kid though but if we this kid can be that, take him yesterday.
I din’t agree with the view that kids who didn’t do much here in the past would be stars in a different system. Other kids still were better at UM in the same whatever systems. The nfl finds underutilized kids and turns them into sam shields or armbrister. So don’t think M Rob was that guy. Even AQM is bouncing around the league and his UM career was mostly a washout.

Kamalu, Pierre, Chick all played in the stinky dorito system and still had nfl careers. For some reason, many people seem tothink that undersized HS edge rushers with potential would have been great under other coaches. McCord gets that hype. Rico Williams was once supposed to be great. No idea why people fixate on that type of kid. It’s hard to become a good college end let alone a pro one. Trent Harris did well under dorito. He wasn’t a better recruit than m rob. And M Rob played mostly for shannon.

If you look at the list of pro canes, they’re two things that stand out - most were amongst the best kn their teams at UM, and most were really solid kids who worked hard.

Not calling you out just discussing the topic.

Advertisement
I din’t agree with the view that kids who didn’t do much here in the past would be stars in a different system. Other kids still were better at UM in the same whatever systems. The nfl finds underutilized kids and turns them into sam shields or armbrister. So don’t think M Rob was that guy. Even AQM is bouncing around the league and his UM career was mostly a washout.

Kamalu, Pierre, Chick all played in the stinky dorito system and still had nfl careers. For some reason, many people seem tothink that undersized HS edge rushers with potential would have been great under other coaches. McCord gets that hype. Rico Williams was once supposed to be great. No idea why people fixate on that type of kid. It’s hard to become a good college end let alone a pro one. Trent Harris did well under dorito. He wasn’t a better recruit than m rob. And M Rob played mostly for shannon.

If you look at the list of pro canes, they’re two things that stand out - most were amongst the best kn their teams at UM, and most were really solid kids who worked hard.

Not calling you out just discussing the topic.

I agree with you overall, but I don’t put Marcus in that “didn’t do much here” box. I believe his only year as a true starter was 2011? He had 5 sacks opposite Vernon/Ojomo/Chick that year and was pretty disruptive. That’s more than Roche had for us last year (yes I know he played more games than Roche did). He didn’t have an NFL career because you are right, he was an undersized edge guy who just ultimately wasn’t freakish enough to last in the big leagues but in a system like ours now that emphasizes getting upfield, I think he would’ve been pretty productive. 🤷🏾‍♂️ JMO.

Maybe me him saying he would’ve “done work” is a little strong, but as a rotational guy he would’ve had a nice role for us. Robinson was a decent player for us here, its 748494940 guys I’d put before him in that era who didn’t live up and belong in that didnt do luch category before him IMO.

Last edited:
I agree with you overall, but I don’t put Marcus in that “didn’t do much here” box. I believe his only year as a true starter was 2011? He had 5 sacks opposite Vernon that year and was pretty disruptive. That’s more than Roche had for us last year (yes I know he played more games than Roche did). He didn’t have an NFL career because you are right, he was an undersized edge guy who just ultimately wasn’t freakish enough to last in the big leagues but in a system like ours now that emphasizes getting upfield, I think he would’ve been pretty productive. 🤷🏾‍♂️ JMO.

Maybe me him saying he would’ve “done work” is a little strong, but as a rotational guy he would’ve had a nice role for us.
imo m rob’s best bet would have been to go as an OLB an attacking 3-4 defense. He was really a hybrid lb recruit even back when. R buch was similar but the small end of the spectrum (lb/s not lb/de).

He just wasn’t big enough to be a DE and honestly didn’t have Roche’s quickness or hand speed, imo. And was shorter and less length than roche. And not enough lateral mobility to be a lb. Sam Brooks is an analogy. Only an inch shorter than m rob per rivals and 10 lbs lighter when he was in Hs (and his training was limited by injury). Also basically rush end in Hs trying to transition to lb in college.

Advertisement
Back