LMAO@ everyone saying that RB's are no longer 1st rounders.

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
2 off the board already in the first 15 picks.

Duke will be the next RB off the board.

Some real football geniurses around here.

Advertisement
You're right... If you're talented you will go man... This is a deep draft... Sort of like the qb draft for 2011... You can get studs in the 3rd round...

Depends on the running back mostly.

The stats do back up that a running back in the first is becoming rarer and rarer....at least in recent years with this year being an exception.

If I was in charge I still wouldn't take a RB with a 1st round pick. QB, OL, DL, CB, WR in that order.

Advertisement

Watched the draft's last couple years? Gotta be an extremely talented RB to go in the 1st round. You get drafted on talent, not the position you play. ****, Duke is about as talented as an RB can be and he isn't a first round pick.

Some real football geniurses starting posts around here.

Duke aint going anywhere anytime soon. Probably will end up being the fifth or sixth back taken.

Advertisement

Watched the draft's last couple years? Gotta be an extremely talented RB to go in the 1st round. You get drafted on talent, not the position you play. ****, Duke is about as talented as an RB can be and he isn't a first round pick.

Some real football geniurses starting posts around here.

You are describing Gordon as "extremely talented"?

gtfooh

Duke is 3x the back that Gordon is.

NFL Teams ignorance is no longer shocking.

These 2 backs won't even be in the league in a few years. The only time you may notice them again. Is when your popping in Madden 17 and releasing them to clear roster space.

Just because 2 running backs went in the 1st this year doesn't mean that teams aren't devaluing that position. RB is by far the easiest position to replace. Just look at RB's contracts compared to other positions, they get the ****** end of the stick.

I guess I am in the minority, but I value RBs! If you have a very good one it changes your offense. It opens the passing game, brings up the back of the defense, and keeps LBs honest. I think every player is a case by case obviously. But if a player is the goods, like Gurley, you take them in the first round. I would love for the Duke to drop to 47 and my Dolphins take him. The more talent we have running the ball, the less Tannehill has to throw and the less he takes a sack (139 in 3 yrs)...

Advertisement
Just because 2 running backs went in the 1st this year doesn't mean that teams aren't devaluing that position. RB is by far the easiest position to replace. Just look at RB's contracts compared to other positions, they get the ****** end of the stick.

Great post and spot on.

Gurley and Gordan are exceptions to the rule. They are better than many of the recent prospects and when you combine that with the fact this is , by account of ALL the experts, a relatively WEAK draft....it's no surprise some RB's went early. This is the type of draft where many guys are rated evenly on many people's boards...which will translate into people taking specific needs earlier than normal since "best available" is out the window.

RB's get screwed...and I feel for them. Moral of the story is don't let your kids grow up to be RB's. WR's make a lot more money, secure multiple contracts, and get hit less often. I honestly don't think the fact these 2 were taken in the first this year is going to change the trend long term...I think that trend is here to stay unless more RB's start getting paid.

Advertisement
Back