Lloyd Summerrall

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
Am I alone in being severally underwhelmed but Summertall? Maybe it’s easier since he’s considered a Florida St lean but when I see him I see a DE version of the LB Abdullah from last cycle. No frame to grow into and someone that would get swallowed against lines like GT and UNC. When you consider the kind of DEs we o after they have frames and athleticism. He has some athleticism and a good motor but when you compare to a Rousseau, a Garvin, a young Bethel, he looks like he won’t ever reach those heights. I’m all for focusing more on the Rian Davis’, Cam Williams, Bogles that have the ability, motor AND the physical growth potential.

Advertisement
Am I alone in being severally underwhelmed but Summertall? Maybe it’s easier since he’s considered a Florida St lean but when I see him I see a DE version of the LB Abdullah from last cycle. No frame to grow into and someone that would get swallowed against lines like GT and UNC. When you consider the kind of DEs we o after they have frames and athleticism. He has some athleticism and a good motor but when you compare to a Rousseau, a Garvin, a young Bethel, he looks like he won’t ever reach those heights. I’m all for focusing more on the Rian Davis’, Cam Williams, Bogles that have the ability, motor AND the physical growth potential.
lol you serious ?

To answer your original question, probably. He is a superb athlete with amazing growth potential. There is a reason literally EVERY SCHOOL wants him. No frame to grow? Lol, Bogle was 6'3 201 less than a month ago and this kid is 6'5 215+. Bogle has growth potential but he doesn't? Alright. This kid is going to be 250+ and an animal on the edge to go along with his length in 2 years. We are talking about a current Junior in High School, lol.

Anyway, I hope our coaches keep the heat turned up on Lloyd. He also has been here more than FSU, so about that FSU lean stuff ..

With Summerall, it's about trying to project (guess) his growth. Most kids his age are going to put on lots of weight over 3-4 years. It appears Rousseau is on his way to doing that. OTOH, a few days ago, people brought up John Square, a guy who just couldn't add solid weight to his tall, thin frame.

Advertisement
To answer your original question, probably. He is a superb athlete with amazing growth potential. There is a reason literally EVERY SCHOOL wants him. No frame to grow? Lol, Bogle was 6'3 201 less than a month ago and this kid is 6'5 215+. Bogle has growth potential but he doesn't? Alright. This kid is going to be 250+ and an animal on the edge to go along with his length in 2 years. We are talking about a current Junior in High School, lol.

Anyway, I hope our coaches keep the heat turned up on Lloyd. He also has been here more than FSU, so about that FSU lean stuff ..
Thanks for the 411. I just haven’t seen too much of him outside of some stills md pictures and he didn’t look like he could carry much more. I don’t know much so that’s why you started post to get some better opinions than mine.

Advertisement
It’s hard to have a positive uneducated opinion of dl prospect when he looks like this next to db prospects.

Attachments

• 18EC4231-9FCF-48DC-A218-6DF92335EBD4.jpeg
    18EC4231-9FCF-48DC-A218-6DF92335EBD4.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 167
Have you seen his film? Kid is a freak in the mold of Joe Jack, Garvin, Rousseau

Size, Length, Speed, Aggression. Is a top priority for a reason.

Ideal DE Class -

1. Khris Bogle
2. Lloyd Summerall
3. Cam Williams
and maybe Jahfari Harvey if we take one more

The coaches really like JJ Weaver also

For guys going “you serious?” Kid had only 3 sacks last year and is a top prospect based off potential. The kid’s potential is through the roof and needs a lot of coaching and a lot of work in the weight room. Still a top tier prospect though.

Last edited:
Have you seen his film? Kid is a freak in the mold of Joe Jack, Garvin, Rousseau

Ideal DE Class -

1. Khris Bogle
2. Lloyd Summerall
3. Cam Williams

Totally agree, that wingspan made me think of Rousseau and those other guys.

Advertisement
It’s hard to have a positive uneducated opinion of dl prospect when he looks like this next to db prospects.

Go look at Rousseau at the same point .

Two years from now let’s revisit this picture. Dudes frame is ridiculous , he can scratch his calf without bending over.

Thank god youre not the one doing the evaluating

Cam Williams has a frame in comparison has a frame that looks as though there is much more weight that could be projected.

However, I could be dead wrong because I’m not a coach or an SC coach. I’m a former college athlete that would love to hear more educated opinions here so I can improve my opinions.

Advertisement
Go look at Rousseau at the same point .

Two years from now let’s revisit this picture. Dudes frame is ridiculous , he can scratch his calf without bending over.

Thank god youre not the one doing the evaluating
Maybe I just need to do more work at finding images for Lloyd but Greg had a better frame imo.

Attachments

• C2CA140B-FC5D-4EA8-9172-AB0823900A21.jpeg
    C2CA140B-FC5D-4EA8-9172-AB0823900A21.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 89

Ideal DE Class -

1. Khris Bogle
2. Lloyd Summerall
3. Cam Williams
Not enough tbh I need to see more of his film.

Maybe I just need to do more work at finding images for Lloyd but Greg had a better frame imo.

Rousseau was listed 215 , Summerall is 218. At pretty much the same height.

The weight will come with the weight room and some p&j sammiches.

The weight obsession here is getting a little weird.

Advertisement
Back