Live Thread Updates: Under Armour Miami

View as article
Why are you even responding to him? He criticizing a kid who was playing TE last year at this very same time. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about especially if he’s criticizing the footwork of a kid who’s only played OT for a year.

Bet it won't get drastically better either, which it would need to.

I'm well aware of him previously being a TE, family moved to Parkland from Danville Indiana, etc. Former TE, positive frame, sounds like people are falling in love with those two things while not really paying attention to what's in front of them.

Guy looks slow and plodding out there. That's without the weight gain he'll have to get before he plays a snap here. He's not all of a sudden going to transform that. It's like Brad Kaaya, dude was born with two left feet and cement shoes.

We'll see, but people posting his camp vid's only support my position. Guess they forgot to post the good ones.

He should go to an Ivy if he's got the opportunity.

Advertisement

I'm well aware of him previously being a TE, family moved to Parkland from Danville Indiana, etc. Former TE, positive frame, sounds like people are falling in love with those two things while not really paying attention to what's in front of them.

Guy looks slow and plodding out there. That's without the weight gain he'll have to get before he plays a snap here. He's not all of a sudden going to transform that. It's like Brad Kaaya, dude was born with two left feet and cement shoes.

We'll see, but people posting his camp vid's only support my position. Guess they forgot to post the good ones.

Dude just stop. It doesn't matter how athletic somebody is if they don't know how to use their feet. You can't call somebody heavy footed who is still learning the position because their footwork is already going to be inconsistent. Somebody who's heavy footed have no athleticism for the position which if you're saying that about Mclaughlin then A) you've never watched his tape or B) you literally have no clue what you're talking about.

A slow and plodding TE moving to OL?

Yeah, that'll never work.

Winston.jpeg

Advertisement
The guy is incredible long - but he stops his feet the moment he reaches. He's long enough to wait for the defender and still punch first. That's something that can be corrected with reps and practice.
What is he, 11th grade? A recent switch to OT? Not expecting a finished OL with all the technique he'll have 3-4 years down the road. Where was McKinney at this point? In the HS band playing French Horn or sousaphone, don't remember which.

(I hope it's not considered racist these days to describe a twisted piece of metal as French like calling it the Wuhan Chinese virus is considered racist.)

I want the big Sutton kid too. Give me 5 OL. We got space...attrition is coming.

* Just seen he committed to UNC.

We gotta be proactive with those tackles at Trinity Catholic. I like the Duncanville kid Savion Byrd and there is a tackle out of WEST VIRGINIA that i think Justice should work in his old home state
Once upon a time we had great OTs out of W.Va.: John Canei and I think Dennis Harrah.

Let's go back.

And we've had Duncanville kid(s) before.

Advertisement
Can’t say I blame him, the kid has hung through last year’s debacle but can see him flying the coop if we blow it this year. Have to keep the momentum of the off-season into the actual season and win big.
Nobody would want to join the mess I saw at the end of last season. Got to turn the culture around, work harder, and have better coaching.

Once upon a time we had great OTs out of W.Va.: John Canei and I think Dennis Harrah.

Let's go back.

And we've had Duncanville kid(s) before.

I have been preaching on getting back into WV.

They might be country boys but they have a Big city complex and love the beach and fishing.

Advertisement
Back