Little things matter

Advertisement
Do not understand why we got away from these TE plays after the first drive. They weren’t in a position to cover him with their backers

As someone else mentioned, UF adjusted and brought everything closer in. Whenever we bunched, they bunched as well and even sent in an extra rusher.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They adjusted, we went base after they took away our scripted plays. All the delay of game penalties likely made Enos have to abandon some of the motion. I still was screaming for some inside draw plays or sweeps. The Dends were collapsing hard and losing contain but we insisted on 5 step drops. Yes the WR were open and JT was killing the secondary but doesn't matter if we don't have time. Also think part of Enos criticism was Jarren waiting to "see" the guy come open as oppose to trusting his read and "throwing" him open.

But Brevin balled, nice play by him here, he is quickly becoming a household name.

Advertisement
Do not understand why we got away from these TE plays after the first drive. They weren’t in a position to cover him with their backers

I don't have the stomach or time to go back and rewatch this loss—but based on other clips of see post-game where there were some great plays designed, but Williams either got sacked, or didn't have time to hit the intended receiver—I'd venture say Enos didn't "get away' from anything. 15 simply couldn't or didn't make the play.

It takes 11 men on that team to make 1 "superstar".

Miami didn't have all 11 pulling the wagon enough last Saturday.

Manolo better get it fixed or we are going to start calling him Manuela.

"Better get this fixed" after his first game, with a r-freshman quarterback making his first-ever start—against a top-flight SEC defense. Relax.

Advertisement
The biggest flaw in last three staffs was failed to fix what was wrong and just continue doing what they believed to be "the right way" regardless of failure. Staff needs to find the way to win just like players need to make the play. We didn't not lose by much, indeed you could say we worked hard to lose. I have no problem players being held accountable but staff needs to look in the mirror a lot. Howard got his a$$ beat by a gator team in Kosar's first start and went on to our first title. That is high bar for Manny and staff but damnit this THE U and what is the bar.

b/c the defense changed. UF saw they could get pressure with 4 and moved to a softer coverage making the short/quick throws much less useful.

One big thing I liked about Jarren was how he used his eyes. He’s really great at not telegraphing the screens.

Advertisement
Back