Listening to Al Golden this morning on 560....

I said it in another thread but the team doing well this year may be the most effective way to get rid of Golden. 8 wins is my worst nightmare. I don't think the BOT steps up and fires him at 8 but I don't think another team takes him with 8 either. We need 9+ wins for him to get hired away or we have to tank. Personally I would much rather win big and have him leave.

That was last year. He ****ed that all up.

Advertisement
Golden on OL....

"We don't have the experience we had last year, but we can make up for it by rotating more players in"....

WTF?

Sure. It is not like the Oline is the one unit in football that requires playing together as a unit.

I said it in another thread but the team doing well this year may be the most effective way to get rid of Golden. 8 wins is my worst nightmare. I don't think the BOT steps up and fires him at 8 but I don't think another team takes him with 8 either. We need 9+ wins for him to get hired away or we have to tank. Personally I would much rather win big and have him leave.

Not way in **** any team hires this dude as a HC. You don't get a job by losing at THE U. EVERYONE knows that is really hard to do and it takes an really bad coach to do it. Al is a proven failure and his specialty, defense, is the reason. Dude is done.

Hired away?? WTF...there is absolutely NO ONE in the country that hasn't seen past this used car salesman by now...except for the man-loving POS AD we have on board...and even he is starting to get a hint

He's not getting hired by any program. Get this out of your head. Just setting yourself up for further disappointment.

Advertisement

He's not getting hired by any program. Get this out of your head. Just setting yourself up for further disappointment.

I agree that no major program will hire him but I have spoken to a few people involved with college football that buy the narrative that he is a good coach but a terrible fit for the Miami job. Larry Coker got another head coaching gig. With a decent season I still believe Golden is marketable. The biggest impediment I see is that voluntarily going from a name like Miami to somewhere like a Toledo is the perception that he is a quitter. He might be in a better position getting fired.

As for setting myself up for disappointment, I have done that every year for the past 12 or so. It's called being a Canes fan.

At this point it is all speculation anyway. Bump the thread at the end of the season. Also might be a good rep betting topic. I'm not saying they are good, but I would take long odds on Golden leaving voluntarily.

I agree that no major program will hire him but I have spoken to a few people involved with college football that buy the narrative that he is a good coach but a terrible fit for the Miami job. Larry Coker got another head coaching gig. With a decent season I still believe Golden is marketable. The biggest impediment I see is that voluntarily going from a name like Miami to somewhere like a Toledo is the perception that he is a quitter. He might be in a better position getting fired.

As for setting myself up for disappointment, I have done that every year for the past 12 or so. It's called being a Canes fan.

At this point it is all speculation anyway. Bump the thread at the end of the season. Also might be a good rep betting topic. I'm not saying they are good, but I would take long odds on Golden leaving voluntarily.

One problem you have on the Coker point is that you have a National Champion winning head coach and a follow up runner up season and the best he can manage is a brand new I-AA program. That really doesn't help your statement.

Advertisement
Joe Rose and Curtis are pussies. Curtis is the biggest Golden slurper on the radio. Such a douche. That show sucks.

The good coach but bad fit is trending right now with Golden and if he starts losing games this season I can see him maybe quitting to avoid back to back losing seasons at miami and have him and his agent try to get the media to spin it in his favor.The problem with quitting is he would be leaving millions on the table and if another team is smart and doesn't bite then he's screwed.

Look at this video and study his body language...

[video=youtube;h1OK6tDR2SQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1OK6tDR2SQ[/video]

Looks like a dude searching for answers that are on note cards in his office
Doesn't seem comfortable at all
Jittery and all

Advertisement
fire his a$$ now please

Firing Day is 91 away.

We must be patient as this whole mess plays out. Here's an appropriate now-g a y anthem:

[video=youtube;HgzGwKwLmgM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM[/video]

One problem you have on the Coker point is that you have a National Champion winning head coach and a follow up runner up season and the best he can manage is a brand new I-AA program. That really doesn't help your statement.

Fair point, I didn't pay close enough attention to realize UTSA wasn't a legit program when Coker got hired. I still think Golden will have a much easier time than Coker since Coker took the most talented team in history and ran it into the ground. My whole point is that while we are enlightened I think another program will certainly buy the sanctions, cloud, lack of depth bs if Golden wins 9 or more games. The vitriol for Golden in the broader college football world is not what it is on this board. I hate him as coach at Miami, but I think he might do decently well at a middling big 10 school.

If he's amped and pumped sounding on the radio he's a "used car salesman" once again trying to deceive us. If he's mellow sounding, he's an accountant who doesn't wanna be here..smh. The **** is prob tired as ****. I doubt he has slept in the last 8 months. That happens when your entire livelihood is on the line. Don't look too much into it.
Yea he is tired because he is writing more pillars

Reading more psych books

Sending kids letters

Finding more bogus stats

Advertisement

Fair point, I didn't pay close enough attention to realize UTSA wasn't a legit program when Coker got hired. I still think Golden will have a much easier time than Coker since Coker took the most talented team in history and ran it into the ground. My whole point is that while we are enlightened I think another program will certainly buy the sanctions, cloud, lack of depth bs if Golden wins 9 or more games. The vitriol for Golden in the broader college football world is not what it is on this board. I hate him as coach at Miami, but I think he might do decently well at a middling big 10 school.
Fair enough and I understand that the rest of college football likely sees it less critically than we do. Either way, for me golden needs double digit wins and acc title this year for me to back off.

He must win the games he's supposed to, win at least 2 big games, and look like a real team in the process, not some team relying on spinning the facts into the narrative you need.

Advertisement
Back