Listen, Joe: Presser Prediction Thread

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
"Yeah, it was a tough one for sure, Joe. Listen, we've got a lot of young guys on this team. We had some key penalties today that cost us points. In close games, you can't have that. And, last week, of course, the missed FG to win the game at the end by a young guy.

But, you know what, Joe? Andy came back this week and hit two big FGs from NFL range. And, that's what we expect from everyone. The standard is high.

We're going through these growing pains, but we're a couple plays and some injuries away from being a 1-loss team. That's football. I'm in responsible for that. We're gonna get it fixed here because we have a Top 25 team coming to our house next week. We have to keep fighting."

Look forward to everyone's predictions.

Advertisement
get hyped lets go GIF by NBA
Excited Winner Winner GIF by Rawlings Tigers

More of the same this week. Shoulder bumping and missed tackles

Advertisement
growing Pains in year 3, meanwhile Mel tucker is top 10 in year 2. he still has something To sell with these close losses, I’m telling you, the bad record won’t get him fired. only BAD losses will do it

Advertisement
First, I would like to congratulate UNC and Coach Brown. They were well prepared. Even though we had a bye week, we could've used more time to better prepare ourselves. Did I mention our QB is a freshman?

They have some good players over there on the UNC sideline. Any time you play a Mack Brown coached team you should expect a tough game. Did I mention our QB is a freshman? When you make a lot of terrible penalties, they can become hard to overcome, especially against a great team like UNC. Our guys fought like he'll but came up short......again.

We have another tough opponent next week, the werewolves or something like that. We have to get back to the drawing board and prepare to face one of the toughest teams we'll face this year with our freshman QB.

Advertisement
“Well Joe, let me be clear: there’s no glory in a loss. Every single one of these guys tonight deserved to win, they didn’t give up, they didn’t quit, they did not back down. Even though the record shows we did not win, the effort displayed was a winning effort.

Our record is not what the fans want it to be, what the players want it to be, certainly not what I want it to be, ok? That is undeniable. But last year this was a 30 point loss for us, at home, with D’Eriq King and a first round draft pick at defensive end. You have to think if we had just one of those players this outcome is very different.

In that scenario we are 3-3, with the entire conference ahead of us. We played the second half of this game like I knew we could, like the players knew we could. That’s the real Miami team. So you take that 3-3 team and you play UVA again, and suddenly you’re 4-2, with some of our guys getting All Conference mentions. Now that isnt what I want, but surely you can see the direction of this team, with all the youthful talent, is trending up. Significantly.

So this 4-2 Miami team, which we aren’t but we would be in that scenario, plays an undefeated Michigan State team to the wire. Maybe the ball breaks a different way, because you have to remember without COVID19, which el Presidente Frenk has done as much as anyone in American history to save our sport from, without COVID19 Gregory Rousseau is still on this team. Possibly Brevin Jordan as well. We have a Heisman candidate in D’Eriq, and that Miami team beats the undefeated Michigan State team blind. We are sitting pretty at 5-1, with a chance to counterfactualize a win vs Alabama. I would be appointed El Cid of Adversity Overcome, I would give you my eldest daughter to wed to your son, and I would rule with an iron fist from a villa on Key West. Terra cotta roof, open floor plan, mangroves. The fan base would love it.

Imagine that Joe. Tonight was a loss, but tomorrow we could just as easily remember it as a win.”

Advertisement
"It was always going to be tough but I had some time to prepare so I did what I do best. And that's absolutely nothing. It's what Diaz does to people"

“Well Joe, let me be clear: there’s no glory in a loss. Every single one of these guys tonight deserved to win, they didn’t give up, they didn’t quit, they did not back down. Even though the record shows we did not win, the effort displayed was a winning effort.

Our record is not what the fans want it to be, what the players want it to be, certainly not what I want it to be, ok? That is undeniable. But last year this was a 30 point loss for us, at home, with D’Eriq King and a first round draft pick at defensive end. You have to think if we had just one of those players this outcome is very different.

In that scenario we are 3-3, with the entire conference ahead of us. We played the second half of this game like I knew we could, like the players knew we could. That’s the real Miami team. So you take that 3-3 team and you play UVA again, and suddenly you’re 4-2, with some of our guys getting All Conference mentions. Now that isnt what I want, but surely you can see the direction of this team, with all the youthful talent, is trending up. Significantly.

So this 4-2 Miami team, which we aren’t but we would be in that scenario, plays an undefeated Michigan State team to the wire. Maybe the ball breaks a different way, because you have to remember without COVID19, which el Presidente Frenk has done as much as anyone in American history to save our sport from, without COVID19 Gregory Rousseau is still on this team. Possibly Brevin Jordan as well. We have a Heisman candidate in D’Eriq, and that Miami team beats the undefeated Michigan State team blind. We are sitting pretty at 5-1, with a chance to counterfactualize a win vs Alabama. I would be appointed El Cid of Adversity Overcome, I would give you my eldest daughter to wed to your son, and I would rule with an iron fist from a villa on Key West. Terra cotta roof, open floor plan, mangroves. The fan base would love it.

Imagine that Joe. Tonight was a loss, but tomorrow we could just as easily remember it as a win.”
10/10 - Would read again

It's the believability of it that makes it so painful.

Advertisement
Back