Listen, if you have tickets and love the Miami Hurricanes...

Tyler

Freshman
...go tomorrow. Support these players. The fans are the first ones to check out, when a real family rallies behind one another.

This isn't about your displeasure for Richt & Co. We as fans can continue to be vocal about our desire for changes within the staff while still supporting these players. Sure, the best way to revolt is to hurt the pockets of those in control, but understand the unintended consequences that come from not showing up. It hurts the program in many ways, but it does the most damage to recruiting.

We're asking that changes be made on the coaching staff. ****, as unrealistic as it is to demand, some insist on firing Richt. If elite prospects look at the Twitter accounts of players and see how they're incessantly bombarded by crazed fans who don't even go to the game, it doesn't matter what changes happen. The caliber players this team needs won't sign up for what we offer them.

This program is not in the shambles it was under Golden in his last year. Let's remind ourselves of that before we justify flying banners and not going to the games. The team hasn't lost because they lacked heart. They deserve our support. Let's show some kind of compassion to these players. But let's continue to be persistent about our displeasure with the staff.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Why, because I support these players? I regret EVER being satisfied with Richt's hire. I wish he would retire! I'm being borderline realistic!

Define shambles. Your recruiting class is going South as we speak. Ex players calling out the coaches etc. And not mentioned much but these players are making silly unfocused mistakes. There is a lack of intensity and most responses are soft and when questioned the players are really somewhat accepting. What you hear is "all we can do is go to the next game '. There is no fire in their eyes. Deon Sanders will tell you these kids are about soft . No heart.

Advertisement
It is nice to support the players and it would be nice to make a meaningful protest statement. All week I have been thinking about: go to the game, buy from the vendors that come in the aisles (so you won't go hungry or thirsty) since I think that's their livelihood, but don't buy from the concession stands? But I'm a bit worried about tips. Would the employees in the concession stands mind getting their hourly pay for just standing there watching the game on TV? Help me out, is there any way this could work?

Edit: Yes, would need some sign-holders out front saying: If you are here to support your team but want to send a message to top brass we need an OC or other major change, don't buy at concession stands today.

It is nice to support the players and it would be nice to make a meaningful protest statement. All week I have been thinking about: go to the game, buy from the vendors that come in the aisles (so you won't go hungry or thirsty) since I think that's their livelihood, but don't buy from the concession stands? But I'm a bit worried about tips. Would the employees in the concession stands mind getting their hourly pay for just standing there watching the game on TV? Help me out, is there any way this could work?

Edit: Yes, would need some sign-holders out front saying: If you are here to support your team but want to send a message to top brass we need an OC or other major change, don't buy at concession stands today.
Those who actually donate to the university can make an impact by collectively freezing their annual endowments until satisfactory changes are made.

Look where the money predominantly comes from. Miami's financial standing isn't dictated by concession stand revenue.

We can protest with precision. Nobody can tell me that this 'heart surgery with a chainsaw' behavior is the BEST way to yield a positive outcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181102-230952_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181102-230952_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20181102-231206_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20181102-231206_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 21
...go tomorrow. Support these players. The fans are the first ones to check out, when a real family rallies behind one another.

This isn't about your displeasure for Richt & Co. We as fans can continue to be vocal about our desire for changes within the staff while still supporting these players. Sure, the best way to revolt is to hurt the pockets of those in control, but understand the unintended consequences that come from not showing up. It hurts the program in many ways, but it does the most damage to recruiting.

We're asking that changes be made on the coaching staff. ****, as unrealistic as it is to demand, some insist on firing Richt. If elite prospects look at the Twitter accounts of players and see how they're incessantly bombarded by crazed fans who don't even go to the game, it doesn't matter what changes happen. The caliber players this team needs won't sign up for what we offer them.

This program is not in the shambles it was under Golden in his last year. Let's remind ourselves of that before we justify flying banners and not going to the games. The team hasn't lost because they lacked heart. They deserve our support. Let's show some kind of compassion to these players. But let's continue to be persistent about our displeasure with the staff.

Go Canes!

208A360D-4349-4FA6-B396-9EA9FE3B8208.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
An empty stadium with a 58-0 loss? Sure. An empty stadium with a solid win? 👌 Alright, no arguing with you people

This is why you don't just skip 1 game. Empty stadium game after game with a perennial 8-4 record will get the BOT eyes open.

You want the program to make a change? Stop going to the games and stop watching them on TV.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back